Ryan Segalla Returns to the Nailers
WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced a transaction, which takes effect immediately. Wheeling has received defenseman Ryan Segalla from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Segalla, 22, returns to the Nailers after making his AHL debut with the Penguins. That game took place on March 25th, when Wilkes-Barre/Scranton blanked the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 4-0 at PPL Center. Ryan recorded four penalty minutes. Prior to his recall, the Boston, Massachusetts native appeared in 57 games with the Nailers, accumulating three goals, eight assists, and 11 points. Segalla registered his first professional point with an assist on Opening Night, before lighting the lamp for the first time as a pro on Education Day. Both of those contests were against the Brampton Beast. Prior to turning pro, Ryan played three years of college hockey at the University of Connecticut. He was originally selected by Pittsburgh in the fourth round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Ryan Segalla and the Wheeling Nailers will play on home ice twice this weekend. First is a Flat Screen Friday and Frosty Friday against the Brampton Beast at 7:35. Then, on Sunday, fans can bring their dogs to the game for Pups & Pucks Night at 5:05 against the Reading Royals. Kids tickets will be $6 for the Sunday game, which will also feature the final post game skate of the season, starring the entire team. The final home game of the regular season is Fan Appreciation Night on April 7th against the Kalamazoo Wings at 7:35. To purchase tickets, or to get more information about season tickets, group tickets, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2017
- Gladiators Fall 4-1 to the Swamp Rabbits in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fan Appreciation Night This Saturday - Adirondack Thunder
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter, March 30th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Playoff Tickets To Go On Sale Wednesday, April 5 - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Keep Rolling, Face Missouri Again Tonight - Allen Americans
- Ryan Segalla Returns to the Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Sign Defenseman Leibinger; Motte Signs PTO with Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Austin Hervey Joins Fuel on ATO - Indy Fuel
- Moore Hat Trick Leads Americans over Missouri - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Clinch 20th Consecutive Playoff Berth, Defeat Eagles - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Take 2-1 Victory in Goaltending Duel in Idaho - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Streak Past Aces 5-2 Wednesday - Alaska Aces
- Utah Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Wings Swamped by Everblades in Estero - Kalamazoo Wings
- Henry Breaks Beast Defenseman Goal-Scoring Record in Win Over Cyclones - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Announces Several Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Defenseman CJ Garcia - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Host Missouri Tonight and Thursday - Allen Americans
- Wings Sign Former Michigan Tech Standout Tyler Heinonen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Announces 25th Anniversary Alumni Game Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Naclerio Returns to Atlanta from AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.