Whitecaps FC Announce Sleeve Sponsors for MLS Is Back Tournament
VANCOUVER, BC - For the first time in club history, Vancouver Whitecaps FC will feature sleeve sponsors. Exclusively for the MLS is Back Tournament, GE Appliances Canada will have a patch on the left jersey sleeve, while Canadian Tire will be on the right sleeve. Both patches will be on the primary and secondary kits during the tournament.
"GE Appliances Canada and Canadian Tire have been tremendous partners and supporters of the club," said Axel Schuster, chief executive officer and sporting director of Whitecaps FC. "We look forward to extending our relationships with this first of its kind initiative for our club."
GE Appliances, a world leader in kitchen and laundry appliances, joined the Whitecaps FC team in February as the 'Caps official home appliance partner.
"We know how meaningful it is for a player to receive a jersey with their name written on the back. We feel that very same pride and excitement when we see the GE Appliances logo on the Whitecaps FC sleeve," said Bob Park, chief brand officer for GE Appliances Canada. "We look forward to being alongside the 'Caps at every important moment on the pitch - supporting the team, the fans, and the beautiful game."
Canadian Tire has been on the Whitecaps FC team since 2019, sponsoring programs such as the Community Clinics and the recent online #StayHome Live Skills Clinic.
"At Canadian Tire, we understand the important role that sport plays in communities," said Kim Saunders, vice-president, community and partnerships at Canadian Tire Corporation. "We are proud to support Vancouver Whitecaps FC, a team that fosters opportunities for more kids to get on the soccer field. We wish all players, coaches, and support staff good luck and good health during the MLS is Back Tournament."
Whitecaps FC play their first match at the MLS is Back Tournament on Wednesday, July 15. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m. PT live on TSN and TSN 1040 radio. For more information stay tuned to whitecapsfc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 10, 2020
- Ambrose, Argudo, Carranza and Chapman Make Inter Miami Debuts - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces FC Cincinnati Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Kansas City Player Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Sign New Contract for Rightback Romain Metanire - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Announces Additional Kit Sponsors for MLS Is Back Tournament, 2020 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Florida Is Purple: Lions Take Their First Florida Derby - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Forward Tesho Akindele Agrees to Contract Extension - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Back in Action Sunday vs. Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Announce Sleeve Sponsors for MLS Is Back Tournament - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: July 12, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Return to Action Tonight vs. Seattle - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Sign Forward/Midfielder Daniel Rios to Homegrown Player Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Whitecaps FC Stories
- Whitecaps FC Acquire $400,000 in MLS Allocation Money from D.C. United for Yordy Reyna
- 'Caps finish homestand on winning note behind strong team effort
- 'Caps fall short after both sides reduced to 10 men
- Whitecaps FC Announce Additional Regular Season Schedule Through September
- Whitecaps FC Announce New Organizational Alignment Including a New Senior Leadership Group