LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today a partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer, naming it the "Official Hard Seltzer of LAFC." The multi-year partnership includes the Truly logo prominently displayed on the shorts of LAFC's primary and secondary kits during the upcoming MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, Fl.
"We are truly excited to welcome Truly to the Black & Gold family," said LAFC President and Co-Owner Tom Penn. "Truly is a premium brand that has shown an incredible commitment to LAFC and the Los Angeles community. We're proud to showcase Truly on our shorts throughout the MLS is Back Tournament."
Truly Hard Seltzer will be available at concession stands and premium spaces throughout Banc of California Stadium. LAFC fans will get a chance to sample and experience popular flavors like Truly Mixed Berry, Pineapple, Mango, as well as the newest offering Truly Lemonade. The brand will also be present at several future fan and community events including an upcoming Footgolf Tournament, and will give fans a reason to celebrate on upcoming home matchdays once the season resumes.
"We're looking forward to sharing the best-tasting hard seltzer with the Los Angeles Football Club and the rest of the Black & Gold family," says Dave Burwick, CEO of The Boston Beer Company, maker of Truly Hard Seltzer. "Many LAFC fans and Angelenos are already Truly drinkers and that's why this partnership is a natural fit."
Major League Soccer (MLS) announced approval of sponsored short patch sales on team uniforms earlier this week. The size of the sponsored shorts patch will be roughly the same size as the existing sleeve logos, roughly 3.5 by 3.5 inches. The new shorts patch initiative is intended only for the MLS is Back Tournament and will not continue past the Club's time in Orlando.
"MLS wanted to provide premium opportunities for partners to connect with our League and clubs during the MLS is Back Tournament," said MLS in an official statement on Tuesday. "Partners can be featured on jersey sleeves and, in select cases, team shorts. With all of the tournament games on national networks, and as MLS becomes one of the first leagues in major team sports to return to play, these opportunities are especially powerful assets for partners."
Images from this story
LAFC celebrates a goal
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 10, 2020
- Ambrose, Argudo, Carranza and Chapman Make Inter Miami Debuts - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces FC Cincinnati Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Kansas City Player Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Sign New Contract for Rightback Romain Metanire - Minnesota United FC
- Atlanta United Announces Additional Kit Sponsors for MLS Is Back Tournament, 2020 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Florida Is Purple: Lions Take Their First Florida Derby - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Forward Tesho Akindele Agrees to Contract Extension - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Back in Action Sunday vs. Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Announce Sleeve Sponsors for MLS Is Back Tournament - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: July 12, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Return to Action Tonight vs. Seattle - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Sign Forward/Midfielder Daniel Rios to Homegrown Player Contract - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Loses 2-0 to Seattle Sounders on the Road
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with ExtraMile Convenience Stores
- Banc of California Stadium Receives Gbac Star Facility Accreditation
- LAFC Defeats Portland Timbers 4-2 Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC to Face Portland Timbers Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium