Weise Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year
HARTFORD, March 26, 2009: The Hartford Wolf Pack are proud to announce that right wing Dale Weise has been named the team's winner of the American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year award for his outstanding contributions to the Hartford community during the 2008-09 season.
Since coming to the Wolf Pack this fall, Weise has enthusiastically participated in all of the Wolf Pack community relations initiatives and fundraising events, from the Special Olympics Connecticut Bowl-a-thon to the Connecticut Children's Medical Center Monster Mini Golf Tournament. His friendly interaction with fans of all ages, and eagerness to accommodate autograph and picture-seekers, has stood out among this year's Wolf Pack players.
Weise has consistently volunteered to go to appearances whenever there was an opportunity, and "pinch-hit" multiple times when teammates were prevented from fulfilling commitments. He even went above and beyond expectations during a visit to Gaylord Hospital, staying about an hour longer than planned to play Wii with some of the patients.
In recognition of his efforts, Weise will be presented with an etched crystal trophy during an on-ice presentation prior to an upcoming Wolf Pack home game.
Weise is now one of 29 finalists for the AHL's 2008-09 Yanick Dupre Memorial Award, honoring the overall American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year. The league award is named after the former Hershey Bears forward and AHL All-Star who died in 1997 following a 16-month battle with leukemia. The winner of the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award will be announced by the American Hockey League in the coming weeks.
The Wolf Pack return to action tomorrow night, Friday, March 27, when they travel to Albany to take on the River Rats (7:00 PM faceoff, 96.5 WTIC HD2, www.hartfordwolfpack.com, www.wtic.com, www.ahllive.com). The Pack are back on home ice at the XL Center this Saturday night, March 28 vs. the Providence Bruins. That is "Boy Scout Hat Night". All scouts who purchase group tickets in advance through the Wolf Pack ticket office at (860) 548-2000 will receive a special Wolf Pack scout hat. Also, the Wolf Pack encourage fans attending that game to bring non-perishable food items to donate to Foodshare.
Adult tickets for Wolf Pack home games can be purchased for as low as $10 each for the rest of the regular season, sponsored by Click It or Ticket. Pack tickets are available at the XL Center box office and all Ticketmaster locations, including Macy's at the Buckland Hills Mall and at the Westfarms Mall. Tickets may also be charged by phone at 1-800-745-3000., and on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
Information on all of the Wolf Pack's ticketing options, including full-season, coupon books and group discounts, is available at www.hartfordwolfpack.com, and by contacting the Wolf Pack Ticket Office at (860) 548-2000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2009
- Monsters can't get by Rampage - Cleveland Monsters
- Rampage Edge Monsters 5-4 - San Antonio Rampage
- Drewiske Named Monarchs American Specialty/AHL Man Of The Year - Manchester Monarchs
- ZOOperstars! set to appear at Aeros game on April 12 - Houston Aeros
- Breslin Scholarship Goes To St. Francis H.S. Senior - Chicago Wolves
- Fans Shoot To Win VW Jetta TDI; Team To Wear Special Jerseys - Albany River Rats
- Casey Borer Named Albany River Rats' 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of - Albany River Rats
- Howard Named Griffins' 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Greentree Named Flames' American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Abbotsford Heat
- Carkner and Hamel Named Sens' American Specialty/AHL Men of the Year - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch to Wear Syracuse Orange Helmet Decals in Support of Syracuse University Men's Basketball Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Penner Named P-Bruins American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Providence Bruins
- Quad City Firefighters to Play at i wireless Center - Abbotsford Heat
- Admirals Offer Buy One, Get One Free Tickets on April 3 Classic Ticket Stub - Norfolk Admirals
- Paukovich Named Falcons' American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Springfield Falcons
- Baumgartner named Manitoba's American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Manitoba Moose
- Ben Maxwell Named American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lannon Named San Antonio Rampage's 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - San Antonio Rampage
- Casey Borer Named Albany River Rats' 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Albany River Rats
- Nemer Volkswagen Go Green Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Fitzpatrick Named Amerks' American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Rochester Americans
- Eric Neilson Named Peoria Rivermen Man of the Year - Peoria Rivermen
- Mike Moore named Worcester Sharks AHL Man of the Year - Worcester Sharks
- For second straight year, Morency wins team Man of the Year Award - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- LaVallee Named Wolves' Dan Snyder Man of the Year - Chicago Wolves
- Gistedt Recalled from Arizona - San Antonio Rampage
- Maki Named Milwaukee Admirals 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Milwaukee Admirals
- McMorrow named IceHogs American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Rockford IceHogs
- Corbin Named Monsters Man Of The Year - Cleveland Monsters
- Letestu Named Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jamie McBain to Join Rats - Albany River Rats
- Weise Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year - Connecticut Whale
- Zingoni Named Norfolk Admirals' 2008-09 American Specialty/AHL Man Of The Year - Norfolk Admirals
- American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year team winners announced - AHL
- Flames Reassign Forward Van der Gulik to Quad City - Abbotsford Heat
- Persson Re-Assigned to Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Crunch Announce Details of P&C Food and Pharmacy Edy's Ice Cream and Haagen Dazs Promotion - Syracuse Crunch
- Minard Knocks Down Two Records With One Goal - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.