Update Card Set Giveaway August 31
Collectorfest Monthly presents the 2019 Red Wings Team Update Set giveaway on Saturday, August 31. The first 1,500 fans 18 and older will get an updated Red Wings team set, with the gates opening at 4:30 p.m. for the 6:05 p.m. game against the Syracuse Mets.
Inspired by the classic baseball cards of the 1950's and 60's, this 30-card set includes 24 players who have played for the Wings since our first team set came out in May - along with two 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game new cards of Tomas Telis and Brent Rooker. In addition, eight cards will have a special MLB Debut 2019 badge (see list below).
The giveaway is sponsored by local card collector and promoter Ernie Orlando. His Collectorfest Monthly event in Webster is the only regularly scheduled monthly collectibles show in Western New York.
"I'm excited to be able to combine my love for collecting with the great history of the Rochester Red Wings," said Orlando. His father and grandfather ran Ness' Barber Shop on Park Avenue, and Orlando said he remembers his dad and grandfather telling him which Wings players used to come to their barber shop - especially his favorite player, Roric Harrison, from the memorable season of 1971.
"There are always Red Wings fans at my sports card and collectible shows. The team update set is a great old-fashioned way to help inspire people to collect," Orlando said.
The 30-card set list:
Luis Arraez (MLB Debut)
Brandon Barnes (Triple-A All-Star Game)
Alejandro De Aza
Randy Dobnak (MLB Debut)
Ryan Eades (MLB Debut)
Sean Poppen (MLB Debut)
Brent Rooker (Triple-A All-Star Game)
Devin Smeltzer (MLB Debut)
Cody Stashak (MLB Debut)
Tomas Telis (Triple-A All-Star Game)
Lewis Thorpe (MLB Debut)
LaMonte Wade, Jr. (MLB Debut)
The August 31 game also features the Red Wings Hall of Fame induction of Rich Dauer, post-game fireworks, and a family campout on the field after the fireworks.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Clean Sweep: Knights Ride Past the RailRiders 7-5 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Elmore's Doubles Not Enough in 7-3 Setback - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Snap Skid, Move within 4 Games of First - Rochester Red Wings
- Home runs by Zehner, Alvarez not enough to complete rally - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs score six runs over final two innings to get victory - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Columbus Sweeps Gwinnett in Doubleheader, 5-2, 5-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Three Homers Blast Mets to 5-3 Victory over Bulls - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Falls Short to Lehigh Valley, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- Update Card Set Giveaway August 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- Toledo Scores 9 to Secure Win over Buffalo - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-61) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Norfolk's Offense Strikes Early, Sweep PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bunch of Jerks Night Headlines Penultimate Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats President Gary Ulmer to Step Down; Chief Operating Officer Vic Gregovits Named President - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Storm Back, Stun RailRiders 13-12 - Charlotte Knights
- PawSox Fall in Extras to Tides - Pawtucket Red Sox
- RailRiders use eight-run inning to rally; Charlotte walks off in 10 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Straily strong despite 2-1 loss in Louisville - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.