Red Wings Snap Skid, Move within 4 Games of First
The Red Wings snapped a three-game losing streak Thursday with a 7-3 win over the Indianapolis Indians from Victory Field.
The Wings (61-61) win coupled with Scranton/WB's loss in Charlotte means Rochester is just four games out of first place in the International League North with 18 games left in the regular season.
The biggest blow of the game came from Ramon Flores who cranked a three-run, two-out homer in the fourth inning to extend the Wings lead to 7-0.
After scoring two runs in the fifth inning, the Indians loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth. But, Jake Reed got a strikeout, fielder's choice and a strikeout to end the threat and keep the Wings lead where it was at 7-2.
Charlie Barnes earned his first Triple-A win in his second start for the Wings as he allowed just two runs on seven hits over five innings. The southpaw struck out five without allowing a walk.
Sam Clay tossed the final 2.2 scoreless innings to secure the victory.
Former Wings outfielder JB Shuck pitched two scoreless innings of relief for the Indians as he's now being used as a two-way player for Indianapolis.
Mike Miller delivered a two-run single in the second inning to give the Wings a 3-0 lead. Tomas Telis picked up three hits for Rochester.
The Wings head to Louisville to open a three-game series on Friday night against the Bats.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Clean Sweep: Knights Ride Past the RailRiders 7-5 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Elmore's Doubles Not Enough in 7-3 Setback - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Snap Skid, Move within 4 Games of First - Rochester Red Wings
- Home runs by Zehner, Alvarez not enough to complete rally - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs score six runs over final two innings to get victory - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Columbus Sweeps Gwinnett in Doubleheader, 5-2, 5-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Three Homers Blast Mets to 5-3 Victory over Bulls - Syracuse Mets
- Louisville Falls Short to Lehigh Valley, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- Update Card Set Giveaway August 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- Toledo Scores 9 to Secure Win over Buffalo - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (60-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-61) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Norfolk's Offense Strikes Early, Sweep PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bunch of Jerks Night Headlines Penultimate Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats President Gary Ulmer to Step Down; Chief Operating Officer Vic Gregovits Named President - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Storm Back, Stun RailRiders 13-12 - Charlotte Knights
- PawSox Fall in Extras to Tides - Pawtucket Red Sox
- RailRiders use eight-run inning to rally; Charlotte walks off in 10 innings - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Straily strong despite 2-1 loss in Louisville - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- Skinner, Cliburn, Valentin Not Renewed by Minnesota for 2020
- USA Baseball Names Two Red Wings to Premier12 Roster
- Twins Division Series Roster Features 18 Former Red Wings
- Red Wings Nominated Again for John Henry Moss Community Service Award
- Dinolfo, Silver Break Ground on the New Frontier: New Turf Coming to Frontier Field