Union earn a point at home against LAFC
CHESTER, Pa. - The Philadelphia Union earned a point at home against LAFC on Saturday evening in front of a sell-out crowd of 19,145, the seventh sell-out of the season. Kacper Przybylko scored his team-leading 14th goal of the season and his now tied with Sebastien Le Toux for second on the Union's all-time single season goals scored list. The Union return to action next weekend, Sunday, September 22 at New York Red Bulls (6:30 p.m. ET / PHL17).
Philadelphia Union 1 - LAFC 1
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)
Saturday, September 14, 2019
TODAY'S MATCH INFO
Referee: Nima Saghafi
Assistant Referees: Adam Wienckowski, Corey Rockwell
Fourth Official: Sergii Demianchuk
VAR: Chico Grajeda
Weather: 75 degrees and clear
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (Fafa Picault) 3'
LAFC - Carlos Vela, 43'
LAFC - Mark Anthony Kaye (caution) 65'
LAFC - Latif Blessing (caution) 78'
LAFC - Jordan Harvey (caution) 88'
LAFC - Walker Zimmerman (caution) 89'
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake; Raymon Gaddis, Jack Elliott, Mark McKenzie, Kai Wagner; Alejandro Bedoya, Haris Medunjanin; Fafa Picault, Jamiro Monteiro, Brenden Aaronson (Ilsinho, 58'); Kacper Przybylko (Sergio Santos,75')
Substitutes not used: Joe Bendik; Aurelien Collin, RJ Allen, Anthony Fontana, Andrew Wooten
LAFC: Tyler Miller; Steven Beitashour (Tristan Blackmon, 82'), Walker Zimmerman, Eddie Segura, Jordan Harvey; Latif Blessing, Eduard Atuesta; Carlos Vela (Brian Rodriguez, 66') , Mark-Anthony Kaye, Diego Rossi; Adama Diomande (Adrien Perez, 75')
Substitutes not used: Pablo Sisniega; Danilo Silva, Mohamed El-Munir, Lee Nguyen
Tonight's crowd at Talen Energy Stadium was 19,145, the fourth consecutive sellout for the Union at home as well as the seventh of the season (ties 2014 and 2012 for second-most in a season, 2011 had 10)...It is the third largest crowd at Talen Energy Stadium in Union history and the largest since 10/15/11 vs. Toronto FC.
The Union now have 55 goals on the season, the most the team has ever scored in a single season.
Kacper Przybylko scored his team-leading 14th goal of the season, tied for fifth most in the league... he is now tied for the most goals in a single-season in club history (also Sebastien Le Toux, 2010), only player to have more was CJ Sapong in 2017 (16)...his 3' goal is also tied for the fastest scored goal this season (also Alejandro Bedoya vs. DC United, August 4).
Fafa Picault recorded his fourth helper of the season, one short of tying his MLS career high.
The Union return to action for a regular-season matchup next Sunday vs. New York Red Bulls (6:30 p.m. ET / PHL17) .
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2019
- Montero scores in dying seconds as 'Caps defeat Dynamo in dramatic fashion - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Suffers 1-0 Loss to FC Cincinnati - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC Draws Philadelphia Union 1-1 on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Lions Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Earn 3-3 Draw against New England - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Falls to Columbus 3-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Union earn a point at home against LAFC - Philadelphia Union
- Allan Cruz's early goal leads FCC over Montreal in shutout win - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Play Orlando City SC to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Falls to Chicago Fire 4-0 - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. New York Red Bulls - September 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Blanks FC Dallas 4-0, Moves Within Two Points of Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 1 San Jose Earthquakes - New York City FC
- Chris Wondolowski scores goal No. 158 of his MLS career in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC in Maiden Voyage to Allianz Field - Real Salt Lake
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Look to Build on Midweek Victory against Vancouver Whitecaps - Houston Dynamo
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from LAFC
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Kai Wagner to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Agree to Transfer of Defender Mark McKenzie to K.R.C. Genk in Record-Breaking Transfer of a Center Back