LAFC Draws Philadelphia Union 1-1 on Saturday Night
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and the Philadelphia Union split the points on Saturday night following a 1-1 contest at Talen Energy Stadium. The Black & Gold continue to remain in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 19-4-7 (64 points) record.
The Union struck first through forward Kacper Przybylko, putting the home side up 1-0 after just three minutes of play. Forward Carlos Vela answered back with the equalizer, notching his 28th goal of the season, the second-most goals in a single season in MLS history (Josef Martinez, 31). Vela made his first start tonight after missing the last two matches due to a hamstring injury he sustained during the August 25th draw against the Galaxy.
LAFC (19-4-7) will return home to host Toronto FC on Saturday, September 21st at Banc of California Stadium. The match is slated for 7:30 p.m. PT on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, KFWB 980.
The Club has four games remaining in the 2019 regular season, including three contests at Banc of California Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2019
- Montero scores in dying seconds as 'Caps defeat Dynamo in dramatic fashion - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Suffers 1-0 Loss to FC Cincinnati - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Draws Philadelphia Union 1-1 on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Lions Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Earn 3-3 Draw against New England - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Falls to Columbus 3-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Union earn a point at home against LAFC - Philadelphia Union
- Allan Cruz's early goal leads FCC over Montreal in shutout win - FC Cincinnati
- Revolution Play Orlando City SC to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Falls to Chicago Fire 4-0 - FC Dallas
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. New York Red Bulls - September 15, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Blanks FC Dallas 4-0, Moves Within Two Points of Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 1 San Jose Earthquakes - New York City FC
- Chris Wondolowski scores goal No. 158 of his MLS career in loss - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Visits Minnesota United FC in Maiden Voyage to Allianz Field - Real Salt Lake
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Look to Build on Midweek Victory against Vancouver Whitecaps - Houston Dynamo
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host Playoff Rally on Sunday Afternoon
- LAFC Joins EMLS Ahead of 2020 Season
- Four LAFC Members Named Finalists for MLS End-Of-Year Awards
- LAFC Launches 'For Los Angeles' as Team Prepares for Playoffs
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA Sports