Union capture a point on the road; Kacper Przybylko scores in his first career MLS start
VANCOUVER, BC. - Philadelphia Union faced Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BC Place on Saturday afternoon. Kacper Przybylko scored his first career MLS goal in his first MLS start. Matt Freese made four saves in his first career MLS start. The Union take away a point in the draw and are now unbeaten in six out of their last seven games. With 14 points (4-3-2), the Union have moved up to second place in the Eastern Conference.
Philadelphia Union 1 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1
BC Place (Vancouver, BC)
Saturday, April 27, 2019
TODAY'S MATCH INFO:
BC Place (Vancouver, BC)
Referee: Christopher Penso
Assistants Referees: Eric Boria, Gianni Facchini
Fourth Official: Michael Radchuk
VAR: Chico Grajeda
VAN - Doneil Henry (Ali Adnan) 41'
PHI - Kacper Przybylko (Jamiro Monteiro) 66'
PHI - Alejandro Bedoya (Caution) 24'
VAN - Yordy Reyna (Caution) 45'
VAN - Ali Adnan (Caution) 51'
VAN - Victor Giro (Caution) 58'
Philadelphia Union: Matt Freese; Olivier Mbaizo, Jack Elliott, Auston Trusty, Raymon Gaddis; Haris Medunjanin; Alejandro Bedoya, Jamiro Monteiro; Brenden Aaronson (Fafa Picault, 61'); Kacper Przybylko, David Accam (Warren Creavalle, 75')
Substitutes not used: Carlos Miguel Coronel; Aurelien Collin, Matt Real, Fabinho, Derrick Jones
Vancouver Whitecaps FC: Maxime Crepeau; Jakob Nerwinski, Erik Godoy, Doneil Henry, Ali Adnan; Hwang In-Beom, Jon Erice, Russell Teibert; Lucas Venuto, Yordy Reyna (Joaquin Ardaiz. 65), Victor Giro (Lass, 79')
Substitutes not used: Zach MacMath; Scott Sutter, Derek Cornelius, Felipe, Fredy Montero
Kacper Przybylko scored his first career MLS goal in his first MLS start and second appearance for the Union.
Matt Freese made four saves in his first career MLS start.
Jamiro Monteiro notched a helper on Przybylko's goal. He now has a goal and an assist in five games played.
Alejandro Bedoya made his 80th appearance for the Union.
Olivier Mbaizo made his first start of the season and his second appearance this season for the club.
The Union next play at home at Talen Energy Stadium on Wednesday, May 1 in a regular-season match against FC Cincinnati (7:30 p.m. ET/PHL17)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 27, 2019
- Dynamo Keep First Clean Sheet of Season in 2-0 Win over Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution and Sporting Kansas City Play to 4-4 Draw - New England Revolution
- Post-Game Notes: Red Bulls Blank FC Cincinnati, 1-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Orange and Blue hit woodwork three times in second half trying to find an equalizer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 against Colorado Rapids - Atlanta United FC
- Union capture a point on the road; Kacper Przybylko scores in his first career MLS start - Philadelphia Union
- Henry scores second of season as 'Caps settle for draw against Union - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Quakes earn first road shutout since August 2017 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Splits Points in Scoreless Draw against San Jose Earthquakes - FC Dallas
- Timbers Earn 2-1 Win on the Road against Toronto FC - Portland Timbers
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Los Angeles FC - April 28, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 1 Orlando City SC - New York City FC
- Orlando City Earns a Point in 1-1 Draw at NYCFC - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Face the Sounders FC Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- MINUFCvsDCU Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits LA Galaxy Sunday at Dignity Health Sports Park - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Foundation and EPYSA, in Partnership with City of Philadelphia, Announce Inter-City Mini-Pitch Initiative
- Philadelphia Union Sign Academy Product Cole Turner to Pre-Contract
- Philadelphia Union Announce Initial Alumni Night Details
- Union remain in first place in MLS' Eastern Conference despite loss
- Union Academy Products Brenden Aaronson, Matt Freese Named to Represent MLS at 2019 MLS Homegrown Game