Tulsa's Adam Pleskach Named to CHL All-Rookie Team
GLENDALE, AZ - The Central Hockey League announced today that Tulsa Oilers forward Adam Pleskach is one of six players selected to the 2013-14 Central Hockey League All-Rookie Team. The players were selected through balloting of CHL head coaches.
Pleskach, who is also a candidate for CHL Rookie of the Year, has played in 58 games for the Oilers this season and leads all first-year players with 33 goals. A native of Beausejour, Manitoba, Pleskach was named the CHL Rookie of the Month for February and ranks fourth on the Oilers roster with 59 points (33 goals, 26 assists). Pleskach has scored more goals than any other Oilers rookie since Jim Dahl found the net 35 times during the 2005-06 season. Since starting his tenure in Tulsa with 13 points in his first seven games, the 25-year old has maintained a steady scoring pace and shown a consistent finishing touch around the net.
In Sunday's 6-3 win over St. Charles, Pleskach led the Oilers offensive attack with a pair of goals and an assist to help Tulsa clinch a playoff berth for the first time since 2011. The product of American International College recorded his 15th multi-point game of the season and tallied twice in a game for the seventh time this season. Pleskach has posted two hat-tricks this season and leads all CHL rookies with six game-winning goals.
Pleskach is joined on the All-Rookie Team by Vincent Arseneau (F-Denver), Alex Lavoie (F-Allen), Lee Moffie (D-Denver), Henrik Odegaard (D-Missouri), and Ty Rimmer (G-Quad City).
The Oilers will begin the final weekend of the regular season on Friday night against the Missouri Mavericks at the Independence Event Center. Tulsa and Missouri will face off again on Saturday before the Oilers return home for the regular season finale against the Denver Cutthroats on Sunday afternoon at the BOK Center.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2014
- Mallards' Rimmer Called up to AHL's Oklahoma City Barons - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Notes - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ben Gordon Selected to All-CHL Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Garett Bembridge and Troy Schwab Named to All-CHL Team - Denver Cutthroats
- Three Mavericks Named to All-CHL Team & All-Rookie Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tyler Ludwig Named to All-CHL Team - Allen Americans
- 2013-14 All-CHL Team Announced - CHL
- Tulsa's Adam Pleskach Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Vincent Arseneau and Lee Moffie Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Denver Cutthroats
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Alex Lavoie Named to CHL's All Rookie Team - Allen Americans
- Mallards' Rimmer Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Quad City Mallards
- 2013-14 All-Rookie Team Announced - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Asuchak's Amazing Stretch Earns Player of the Week Award in the CHL - Allen Americans
- Allen's Spencer Asuchak Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Furious Rally Falls Short in Shootout Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.