Ben Gordon Selected to All-CHL Team
TULSA, OK - The Central Hockey League announced its 2013-14 All-CHL Team on Monday afternoon and Tulsa Oilers forward Ben Gordon is one of six players named to the prestigious list. Earlier today, Gordon's linemate Adam Pleskach was voted to the CHL All-Rookie Team.
Gordon, who is also a candidate for CHL Most Valuable Player and CHL Man of the Year, leads the Oilers with 88 points and ranks fourth in the CHL scoring race. Gordon's point total is the highest of any Oilers player since Todd Marcellus registered 93 points during the 2002-03 campaign. Since February 1, the International Falls native has been on a scorching scoring pace with 36 points (14 goals, 22 assists) in 19 games. Gordon, in his second season with the Oilers, is currently on a six-game point streak and has recorded at least a single point in 16 of the last 19 contests. The 29-year old was named the CHL Player of the Month for February and has been tabbed as CHL Player of the Week on four occasions this season. Gordon has tallied a whopping five hat-tricks and has posted four points or more in seven contests this season.
Joining Gordon on the All-CHL Team are Denver forwards Garrett Bembridge and Troy Schwab, Missouri defenseman Matt Stephenson, Allen blue-liner Tyler Ludwig, and Missouri goaltender Shane Owen.
The Oilers will begin the final weekend of the regular season on Friday night against the Missouri Mavericks at the Independence Event Center. Tulsa and Missouri will face off again on Saturday before the Oilers return home for the regular season finale against the Denver Cutthroats on Sunday afternoon at the BOK Center.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2014
- Mallards' Rimmer Called up to AHL's Oklahoma City Barons - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Notes - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ben Gordon Selected to All-CHL Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Garett Bembridge and Troy Schwab Named to All-CHL Team - Denver Cutthroats
- Three Mavericks Named to All-CHL Team & All-Rookie Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- Tyler Ludwig Named to All-CHL Team - Allen Americans
- 2013-14 All-CHL Team Announced - CHL
- Tulsa's Adam Pleskach Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Vincent Arseneau and Lee Moffie Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Denver Cutthroats
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Alex Lavoie Named to CHL's All Rookie Team - Allen Americans
- Mallards' Rimmer Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Quad City Mallards
- 2013-14 All-Rookie Team Announced - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Asuchak's Amazing Stretch Earns Player of the Week Award in the CHL - Allen Americans
- Allen's Spencer Asuchak Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Furious Rally Falls Short in Shootout Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.