Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh to Short Term Agreement
Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Luke Singh to a short-term agreement ahead of Wednesday's Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Round of 16 second leg matchup with Club Leon. Per MLS rules, clubs are allowed to sign players on loan from their USL affiliate to a maximum of four short-term agreements each season (maximum of 16 days).
Singh, 20, signed his first four-day contact with TFC on April 6, 2021, a day before the Reds' first leg match with Club Leon, which ended in a 1-1 draw. Singh made his professional debut with the Reds in that game, coming on in the 87th minute. Singh joined Toronto FC II in March 2019 and was sent on loan to Danish football club Brøndby IF for the remainder of the 2019 season. He made 24 appearances and scored two goals for Brøndby. Before joining the Young Reds, Singh spent two seasons with the Toronto FC Academy. During the 2018 season, he appeared in 10 matches with the Toronto FC Academy U-18/U-19 team, registering one goal. Singh originally joined the Toronto FC Academy in January 2017.
Internationally, Singh has represented Trinidad & Tobago at the youth level at the Concacaf U-20 Championship.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC signed defender Luke Singh to a four-day short-term agreement on April 13, 2021.
Weight: 164 lbs.
Birthdate: September 12, 2000 (Age - 20)
Birthplace: Brampton, ON
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 13, 2021
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinals of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Behind 5-0 Win over C.D. Marathón - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg Two of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Players & Staff Receive COVID-19 Vaccine - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Home Opener Sold Out - Houston Dynamo FC
- MNUFC Loans Noah Billinsgley to Phoenix - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh to Short Term Agreement - Toronto FC
- Procter & Gamble and Major League Soccer Announce Multifaceted, Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- MLS Announces New Initiative to Further Strategic Investment in Young Domestic and International Players - MLS
- the CW Austin, KXAN-TV, KBVO-TV and Austin FC Announce English Language Television Channel Assignments - Austin FC
- DICK's Sporting Goods Park to Host 7,897 Fans for Rapids Games Starting April 24 - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United re-signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Know Your Opponent: Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Medical Update - Aaron Schoenfeld - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Edgar Castillo - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: MLS Is Back this Week; Welcome Austin FC - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto FC Stories
- Inter Miami Cf (3) - Toronto FC (0) Post Game Summary
- Toronto FC (0) - Atlanta United (2) Post Game Summary
- Toronto FC (3) - Chicago Fire FC (1) Post Game Summary
- Toronto FC (3) - FC Cincinnati (2) Post Game Summary
- Colorado Rapids (0) - Toronto FC (0) Post Game Summary