DICK's Sporting Goods Park to Host 7,897 Fans for Rapids Games Starting April 24
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -â¯Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) announced today that DICK'S Sporting Goods Park has received approvalâ¯from theâ¯Tri-County Health Departmentâ¯to host games with fans for Colorado Rapids games starting with the club's 2021 home opener against Austin FCâ¯on April 24, 2021. Following the capacity guidelines set forth by Major League Soccer (MLS), the venue will accommodate 7,897â¯fans per match, which is approximately 44% of the venue's overall capacity.
"As we get ready to kick off the new season, we are delighted to reopen DICK's Sporting Goods Park to 7,897 Rapids fans," said KSE Vice Chairman Josh Kroenke.â¯ "Our supporters play a special role in our club and we have eagerly awaited their return since March of 2020.â¯ This gradual reopening of our stadium is part of our on-going prioritization of the health and safety of our fans, staff, players and frontline workers and that will remain a key priority for us as an organization."â¯
KSE worked with advice and approval from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State ofâ¯Colorado,â¯Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) andâ¯Tri-County Health Department, and relied on the guidance, protocols and health and safety measures set forth by those entities along with those of MLS for conducting games with fans.
"Reaching this milestone has taken a collective effort and we are appreciative of the work and assistance we have received from our local, state, and national health authorities as well as our partners at MLS," Kroenke added. â¯"We will continue to collaborate with the health authorities and MLS leadership as we work diligently to reopen our stadium to full capacity so our wonderful supporters can get back to cheering on our Rapids."
First access to tickets will be given to Colorado Rapids Season Ticket and Partial Plan Members through a series of presale opportunities beginning onâ¯Thursday, April 15. Any remaining tickets will be made available to the general public starting onâ¯Friday, April 16. Fans can sign up for theâ¯single-game priority listâ¯to receive first access to any tickets made available to the general public.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 13, 2021
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinals of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Behind 5-0 Win over C.D. Marathón - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg Two of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Players & Staff Receive COVID-19 Vaccine - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Home Opener Sold Out - Houston Dynamo FC
- MNUFC Loans Noah Billinsgley to Phoenix - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh to Short Term Agreement - Toronto FC
- Procter & Gamble and Major League Soccer Announce Multifaceted, Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- MLS Announces New Initiative to Further Strategic Investment in Young Domestic and International Players - MLS
- the CW Austin, KXAN-TV, KBVO-TV and Austin FC Announce English Language Television Channel Assignments - Austin FC
- DICK's Sporting Goods Park to Host 7,897 Fans for Rapids Games Starting April 24 - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United re-signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Know Your Opponent: Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Medical Update - Aaron Schoenfeld - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Edgar Castillo - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: MLS Is Back this Week; Welcome Austin FC - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Know Your Opponent: Rapids Prepare for 2020 Playoff Rematch against MNUFC
- Youth Update: Rapids Academy Finds Early Success, USL Championship Kicks off 2021 Campaign
- Rubio, Yarbrough Named to MLS Team of the Week, Rubio Nominated for Goal of the Week
- Rapids' May 8 Match against Minnesota United FC to be Livestreamed on ColoradoRapids.Com
- Takeaways: Road Warriors Top Whitecaps in Utah