Procter & Gamble and Major League Soccer Announce Multifaceted, Multi-Year Partnership
April 13, 2021 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK, N.Y. and CINCINNATI, OH. - As Major League Soccer (MLS) kicks off its 26th season this week, Procter & Gamble [NYSE:PG] is proud to announce a multifaceted partnership with MLS. Consistent with its other major sports partnerships, P&G looks forward to engaging passionate fans and also collaborating with MLS on efforts to support local communities and increase equity in sports and society. The agreement comes during a time of significant growth for the League, and overall momentum for the sport, as fans look forward to the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which will be held in North America.
Powered by young, multicultural fans and dynamic players, there is incredible energy behind the 2021 MLS season. The partnership enables P&G brands such as Gillette®, Old Spice®, Crest®, Oral B®, Dawn®, Charmin®, and Bounty® to tap into and support the passionate fandom for the world's game.
"Major League Soccer is one of the most dynamic sports leagues in North America," said P&G Chief Brand Officer, Marc Pritchard. "We're excited for our brands to participate in a sport so beloved by millions of families, while also investing in the future with an organization committed to utilizing sport as a vehicle for positive social change."
As part of the agreement, P&G will also sponsor the Mexican National Team's U.S. Tour (Mex Tour), Leagues Cup, Campeones Cup and the MLS All-Star Game. Fútbol and the passionate fandom of both the Mexican National Team and MLS teams transcend generations as a source of cultural identity and pride throughout Hispanic communities across America. P&G is excited to celebrate and honor the cultural significance of fútbol for all of its diverse fans through this new partnership.
Over the next several years, P&G and MLS look forward to collaborating on efforts to support local communities and bring even greater equity and inclusion to the sport. While soccer is one of the most accessible sports for youth, unfortunately there are barriers that make it difficult for some of these talented young men and women to progress to the collegiate level and beyond. P&G will work with MLS and other partners to help families overcome barriers like cost and travel to ensure more equal access to the game at all levels.
"We are proud to partner with P&G and its storied brands to deliver exciting and engaging activations for Major League Soccer's diverse and dedicated fan base of millions of supporters around the world, while also positively impacting the communities where we live and play our matches." said Gary Stevenson, MLS Deputy Commissioner, and President and Managing Director of MLS Business Ventures. "The sport is on the rise like never before, and adding P&G as a key strategic partner with incredible marketing and consumer engagement expertise will undoubtedly help us accelerate our growth. There has never been a more promising time for soccer, and we look forward to partnering with P&G for many years to come."
Major League Soccer, along with the Mexican National Team's U.S. Tour, joins P&G's long-standing sports partnerships with the National Football League, the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, and others.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 13, 2021
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinals of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Behind 5-0 Win over C.D. Marathón - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg Two of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Players & Staff Receive COVID-19 Vaccine - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Home Opener Sold Out - Houston Dynamo FC
- MNUFC Loans Noah Billinsgley to Phoenix - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh to Short Term Agreement - Toronto FC
- Procter & Gamble and Major League Soccer Announce Multifaceted, Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- MLS Announces New Initiative to Further Strategic Investment in Young Domestic and International Players - MLS
- the CW Austin, KXAN-TV, KBVO-TV and Austin FC Announce English Language Television Channel Assignments - Austin FC
- DICK's Sporting Goods Park to Host 7,897 Fans for Rapids Games Starting April 24 - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United re-signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Know Your Opponent: Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Medical Update - Aaron Schoenfeld - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Edgar Castillo - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: MLS Is Back this Week; Welcome Austin FC - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.