LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that Estrella Media will continue to be the Club's Official Spanish-language Broadcast TV Partner for the 2021 season in the Greater Los Angeles market. The agreement provides EstrellaTV's KRCA-62 flagship television station with exclusive rights to all locally broadcast LAFC regular season matches. Information on LAFC's English-language broadcasts will be announced soon.
Additionally, the renewal includes an expansion of the partnership, with Estrella Media moving into the Club's elite partnership tier, The Golden Boot Club. Estrella Media will also serve as the entitlement match sponsor for Hispanic Heritage Month.
"After working through last year's unprecedented challenges together, we couldn't be happier to continue our relationship with Estrella Media," said LAFC Co-President Larry Freedman. "Their coverage and support have only brought us closer to our fans and our community and we are thrilled to continue doing so for the 2021 MLS Season."
EstrellaTV's KRCA-62 television station will air 18 of the Club's 34 regular season contests during the 2021 campaign, beginning with LAFC's home match against the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, May 22 at 7:30 p.m. PT.
In addition to broadcasting eight home and ten away LAFC matches, EstrellaTV's KRCA-62 coverage will continue to include 30-minute pre and postgame shows, as well as exclusive content and original behind-the-scenes access to training, matches, and more.
LAFC's Spanish-language broadcasts will continue to be anchored by Francisco X. Rivera as the play-by-play commentator, Mexican legend Claudio Suárez as the color analyst and Alexandra Stergios as the sideline reporter.
Rivera is a 15-year seasoned sports broadcasting veteran who has served as the lead sports anchor for EstrellaTV's KRCA-62 television station since 2016, hosting all of the station's Los Angeles coverage and special events on a national level. Prior to EstrellaTV, Rivera also worked as a sports anchor for ESPN Deportes Radio, FOX Deportes, KWHY-22, and Fox Sports West.
Suárez enjoyed a successful 18-year career in his native country, playing in almost 500 matches for Pumas UNAM, Chivas, and Tigres UANL. Subsequently, he joined MLS' Chivas USA in 2006 and appeared in 64 matches throughout four seasons, tallying nine goals and two assists in 5,122 minutes. Internationally, Suárez remains the third most capped footballer of all-time, appearing in 178 contests for the Mexican national team. He represented Mexico at 12 major tournaments, including three FIFA World Cups, and won three Concacaf Gold Cups and the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup.
Stergios launched her sports broadcasting career in her native Mexico in 2013 where she was the lead sports announcer on Zector Deportivo, an Internet radio program. From 2014 to 2017 she held various roles at Radio Capital 830 AM Estadio Deportes and Poder Mexico Radio. She joined EstrellaTV's KRCA-62 television station as a sports anchor in 2018 and since then has held various anchor responsibilities for the 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. local news, as well as EstrellaTV's national newscasts.
EstrellaTV KRCA-62 is an Estrella Media owned and operated television station serving Southern California. It is the flagship television property of Estrella Media and its EstrellaTV television network, located in Burbank, California. EstrellaTV KRCA-62 is available on most local cable carriers. For more information, please check your local listings.
Estrella Media joins Delta Air Lines, Heineken, Toyota, YouTube TV, Kaiser Permanente, Target, Uber, Postmates and FLEX Power Tools as LAFC's Golden Boot Club Partners. The Golden Boot Club provides exclusive access, visibility and experiences for LAFC's elite level of partnership.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 13, 2021
- Timbers Advance to Quarterfinals of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Behind 5-0 Win over C.D. Marathón - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg Two of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Statement on Season Ticket Member Pre-Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Players & Staff Receive COVID-19 Vaccine - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo FC Home Opener Sold Out - Houston Dynamo FC
- MNUFC Loans Noah Billinsgley to Phoenix - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC, Estrella Media Announce Renewal and Expansion of Spanish-Language Broadcast TV Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Luke Singh to Short Term Agreement - Toronto FC
- Procter & Gamble and Major League Soccer Announce Multifaceted, Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- MLS Announces New Initiative to Further Strategic Investment in Young Domestic and International Players - MLS
- the CW Austin, KXAN-TV, KBVO-TV and Austin FC Announce English Language Television Channel Assignments - Austin FC
- DICK's Sporting Goods Park to Host 7,897 Fans for Rapids Games Starting April 24 - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United re-signs Rocco Ríos Novo to Short Term Agreement - Atlanta United FC
- Know Your Opponent: Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Austin FC Medical Update - Aaron Schoenfeld - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Edgar Castillo - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: MLS Is Back this Week; Welcome Austin FC - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Acquire Forward Michee Ngalina on Loan and International Roster Slot
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin
- LAFC Adds MLS Pool Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Ahead of Austin Match
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24