Toronto FC Clinches Spot in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
Toronto FC has become the first team in Major League Soccer to clinch a playoff berth in the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs, following tonight's 1-0 victory over FC Cincinnati. This marks the club's fifth playoff appearance in the past six seasons.
Toronto FC currently sit atop the standings for both the Supporters' Shield and Eastern Conference with a record of 11-2-4 and 37 points from 17 matches. The Reds have six matches remaining in the regular season. Next week, TFC will host the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday, October 14 and Atlanta United FC on Sunday, October 18 at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field. The Reds will then travel to Philadelphia to meet the Union, followed by home matches with New York City FC and Inter Miami CF, before concluding the regular season on Sunday, November 8 at Red Bull Arena against the Red Bulls in MLS Decision Day.
The 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will consist of single-elimination matches following a bracket format with MLS Cup set for Saturday, December 12.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 11, 2020
- Toronto FC Clinches Spot in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Hurtado Stunner Lifts Sporting to Win over Nashville - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC (1) - FC Cincinnati (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Defeat D.C. United 2-1 at Soldier Field, Move Back into Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Defeats Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Suffers 3-1 Road Defeat at LAFC, Halting Three-Match Winning Streak - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Edges FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Can't Dig out of Hole vs. Philadelphia - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United Lose 2-1 to Chicago Fire FC on the Road - D.C. United
- Union remain in second place in Eastern Conference after win - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Defeat New York City FC, 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 2 New England Revolution - New York City FC
- Bono out with Dislocated Finger - Toronto FC
- Timbers Play Host to San Jose Earthquakes Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Take on Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union at New England Moved to Monday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m. ET - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution's Match vs. Philadelphia Union Rescheduled for October 19 - New England Revolution
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Drops Third Straight in 2-1 Loss to Vancouver - Real Salt Lake
- Cavallini nets winner as 'Caps storm back for crucial win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto FC Stories
- Nashville SC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary
- Toronto FC, MLSE Foundation and Black Players for Change Announce Community Partnership Ahead of 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Pozuelo Named to 2020 MLS Best XI
- Toronto FC Announce Academy Mentorship Program
- New York Red Bulls (2) - Toronto FC (1) Post Match Summary