LAFC Defeats Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) defeated Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Sunday night at Banc of California Stadium.
Entering the match already short-handed without injured 2019 MLS MVP Carlos Vela and missing MLS leading scorer Diego Rossi and regular starters Brian Rodriguez, Diego Palacios and Jose Cifuentes due to National Team commitments, LAFC suffered two more injuries when Mark-Anthony Kaye and Andy Najar were forced to come off just 13 minutes into the game.
The Black & Gold opened the scoring on a Danny Musovski header off a beautiful Eduard Atuesta free-kick in the 15th minute. LAFC continued to put strong pressure on the Sounders through the second half, with Francisco Ginella tallying his first-ever Club and MLS goal in the 65th minute on assists from Danny Musovski and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
The Sounders then added a goal of their own on a screaming free-kick by NicolÃ¡s Lodeiro in the 77th minute before LAFC solidified three points with Danny Musovski's second goal of the match in the 84th minute.
With the win, LAFC sits in 4th place in the Western Conference with a 7-6-3 record (24 points). Next up for LAFC is a trip to Providence Park to face off against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Wednesday, October 14 at 7:00 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, Estrella TV, ESPN LA 710, ESPN App, 980 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 11, 2020
- Toronto FC Clinches Spot in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Hurtado Stunner Lifts Sporting to Win over Nashville - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC (1) - FC Cincinnati (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Defeat D.C. United 2-1 at Soldier Field, Move Back into Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Defeats Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Suffers 3-1 Road Defeat at LAFC, Halting Three-Match Winning Streak - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Edges FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Can't Dig out of Hole vs. Philadelphia - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Lose 2-1 to Chicago Fire FC on the Road - D.C. United
- Union remain in second place in Eastern Conference after win - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Defeat New York City FC, 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 2 New England Revolution - New York City FC
- Bono out with Dislocated Finger - Toronto FC
- Timbers Play Host to San Jose Earthquakes Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Take on Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union at New England Moved to Monday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m. ET - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution's Match vs. Philadelphia Union Rescheduled for October 19 - New England Revolution
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Drops Third Straight in 2-1 Loss to Vancouver - Real Salt Lake
- Cavallini nets winner as 'Caps storm back for crucial win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal
- LAFC Selects Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by Adidas
- LAFC Acquires MLS Homegrown Rights to Goalkeeper Tomas Romero
- LAFC Owns #14 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan