Timbers Play Host to San Jose Earthquakes Tonight at Providence Park
Riding a four-match winning streak, the Portland Timbers play host to the San Jose Earthquakes in MLS regular-season action tonight, Sunday, Oct. 11 at 7 p.m. (Pacific), at Providence Park. The match features a local television broadcast on FOX 12 PLUS with local radio broadcast on 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
Tonight's match marks the 26th regular-season meeting between the Timbers and the San Jose Earthquakes since the 2011 season, with Portland leading the series against the Earthquakes with a record of 12-5-8. In seven matches managed against the Earthquakes since joining Portland in 2018, Timbers head coach Giovanni Savarese holds a 5-1-1 record. In the last meeting between the two sides this season, the Timbers set a club record for goals scored in a single match with a 6-1 victory over the Earthquakes on Sept. 19.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 11, 2020
- Toronto FC Clinches Spot in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Hurtado Stunner Lifts Sporting to Win over Nashville - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC (1) - FC Cincinnati (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire FC Defeat D.C. United 2-1 at Soldier Field, Move Back into Playoff Position - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Defeats Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 on Sunday at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Suffers 3-1 Road Defeat at LAFC, Halting Three-Match Winning Streak - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Edges FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Can't Dig out of Hole vs. Philadelphia - Club de Foot Montreal
- D.C. United Lose 2-1 to Chicago Fire FC on the Road - D.C. United
- Union remain in second place in Eastern Conference after win - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Defeat New York City FC, 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 2 New England Revolution - New York City FC
- Bono out with Dislocated Finger - Toronto FC
- Timbers Play Host to San Jose Earthquakes Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Take on Portland Timbers Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union at New England Moved to Monday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m. ET - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution's Match vs. Philadelphia Union Rescheduled for October 19 - New England Revolution
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Drops Third Straight in 2-1 Loss to Vancouver - Real Salt Lake
- Cavallini nets winner as 'Caps storm back for crucial win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers to Begin 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Tournament Play in April
- Timbers Select Two Players in Final Two Rounds of 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Timbers Acquire $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC in Exchange for Eighth Overall Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM
- Timbers Acquire First-Round Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft from LA Galaxy in Exchange for Defender Jorge Villafana