Timbers Announce Roster Status Ahead of 2019 Season
PORTLAND, Ore. - Following the conclusion of the 2018 season, the Portland Timbers today announced their current roster status for the 2019 season.
Players already under contract for the 2019 season include: goalkeeper Jeff Attinella; defenders Julio Cascante, Marco Farfan, Larrys Mabiala, Alvas Powell, Liam Ridgewell and Jorge Villafaña; midfielders Dairon Asprilla, Sebastián Blanco, Diego Chara, David Guzmán, Diego Valeri and Eryk Williamson; and forward Lucas Melano. The Timbers will recall Williamson from his loan with Portuguese first-division side Clube Desportivo Santa Clara prior to the start of the 2019 preseason.
Midfielder Cristhian Paredes remains on loan with the Timbers from Liga MX side Club América. Midfielder Andy Polo, who originally joined the Timbers on loan from Liga MX side Monarcas Morelia prior to the 2018 season, is now under contract with the Timbers after reaching certain performance thresholds included in his loan agreement.
As previously announced, defender Zarek Valentin has re-signed with the club.
The Timbers exercised the 2019 contract options on goalkeeper Kendall McIntosh, defenders Modou Jadama and Bill Tuiloma, and forwards Jeremy Ebobisse and Foster Langsdorf.
The Timbers did not exercise the 2019 contract options on midfielders Victor Arboleda, Tomás Conechny, Andres Florés and Lawrence Olum. Goalkeepers Steve Clark and Jake Gleeson, defender Roy Miller and midfielder Jack Barmby are out of contract. The Timbers remain in discussions with Conechny, Florés and Clark for the 2019 season. Both Gleeson and Miller will be eligible for free agency.
The loan agreement for forward Samuel Armenteros with Benevento Calcio will expire on Dec. 31, 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 10, 2018
- Timbers Sign Midfielders Marvin Loria, Renzo Zambrano - Portland Timbers
- FC Cincinnati Signs Jimmy McLaughlin - FC Cincinnati
- Toronto FC Move up in Allocation Ranking - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Acquire Allocation Money in Trade with Toronto FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City Announces Protected List for 2018 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Announces Protected Players in Advance of 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - Chicago Fire
- LAFC Announces List of Protected Players for 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Justin Hoyte - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Announce Protected Player List - New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Protect Players Ahead of 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - New England Revolution
- Protected Players by Impact Listed Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC Reveal Protected Player List for Tuesday's MLS Expansion Draft - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS and D.C. United Announce Available Players for Selection in 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - D.C. United
- Timbers Announce Roster Status Ahead of 2019 Season - Portland Timbers
- MLS Announces Available Players for Selection in 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- New York City FC Submit Protected List for MLS Expansion Draft - New York City FC
- Dynamo Protect 11 Players Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft - Houston Dynamo
- Philadelphia Union Announce Protected List for 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas Announces 11 Protected Players Ahead of Tomorrow's MLS Expansion Draft - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 16 Protected Players in 2018 MLS Expansion Draft - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC 2018 Expansion Draft Protected Player List Announced - Minnesota United FC
- Sounders FC Receives $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Vancouver for Rights to Andy Rose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Midfielder Andy Rose - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Emery Welshman - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Sign Defender Zarek Valentin to New Contract - Portland Timbers
- FC Cincinnati Signs Nazmi Albadawi - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Signs Blake Smith - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.