Thunder Weekly, February 11th
Wichita, KS - Wichita finished a five-game homestand and then hit the road to the Black Hills this past weekend. Take a look back at how the team fared in this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Tuesday, February 5th
Allen at Wichita, 2-0 L
Friday, February 8th
Wichita at Rapid City, 2-1 L
Saturday, February 9th
Wichita at Rapid City, 7-4 L
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Tuesday, February 12th
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
Friday, February 15th
Wichita at Tulsa, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
Saturday, February 16th
Indy at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Police vs. Fire, Youth Jersey Giveaway. Buy Tickets Here.
Sunday, February 17th
Indy at Wichita, 4:05 p.m., online stream at wichitathunder.com, The Sin Bin app on your smartphone.
-Autism Awareness Night. Buy Tickets Here.
**All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App using the keyword The Sin Bin**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:20 p.m. for every game except Sunday home games, which starts at 3:20 p.m. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 4-6-0-0
Rank: 6th, Mountain Division, 46 points
Goals: Ralph Cuddemi, 18
Assists: Steven Iacobellis, 33
Points: Steven Iacobellis, 48
+/-: Tyler Elbrecht, +10
PIM: Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 146
LAST WEEK - Wichita began the week closing out a five-game homestand against the Allen Americans. Kyle Hayton stopped 33 shots to help the visitors leave with a 2-0 win. On Friday, the Thunder hit the road for the first of two games in the Black Hills against the Rapid City Rush. Cedric Montminy scored twice in the second to give the Rush a 2-0 advantage. Taylor Cammarata cut the lead to one with a late power play goal, but Rapid City held on for the win. On Saturday, Wichita climbed back from a four-goal deficit to make it a 5-4 contest, but the Rush scored two late empty net power play goals to escape with a 7-4 victory.
TEX MEX - Keoni Texeira added a power play assist over the weekend, giving him 21 on the season. He leads the league in power play assists and is tied for first in power play points with 22.
THE YAK - Steven Iacobellis collected an assist over the weekend. He is tied for seventh in points and tied for first for rookie leaders with 48 (15g, 33a). He is also fourth in the league in assists.
FORNS - Since coming to Wichita, Stefan Fournier has been a nice addition to the Thunder line-up. He has 13 points (7g, 6a) in 15 games for the Thunder. He has points in back-to-back games.
PC - Pierre-Cedric Labrie connected on his 14th goal of the season on Saturday night. The veteran forward from Baie-Comeau, Quebec needs six more to tie his career-high which he set in 2015-16 with the Rockford IceHogs.
HEADING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN - Wichita closes its heavy divisional schedule this week with a pair of games against the Tulsa Oilers. The Thunder will see their first opponent outside of the Mountain on Saturday night since December 16th when the team went to Kalamazoo.
THUNDERBOLTS... Ralph Cuddemi is tied for the league-lead with 11 power play goals... Steven Iacobellis is fourth in power play points (20)and first in rookie assists (33)...Travis Brown is tied for second among defensemen with 11 goals and five on the power play...Wichita is second on the power play (22.2%)...Wichita is 11-4-3-1 when leading after one...Wichita is 11-2-1-2 when leading after two...Wichita is 9-5-5-3 in one-goal games...
UP NEXT - Wichita hosts the Tulsa Oilers tomorrow night starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.