Busy Week Ahead for Walleye
Overall Record: 29-11-4-3, 2nd Central Division
Current Streak: 3 Wins
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
February 9 vs. Indy (5-4 Win)
February 10 (4-1 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
February 15 at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m. (7:20 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
February 16 vs. Cincinnati at 7:15 p.m. (7 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
February 17 vs. Kalamazoo at 5:15 p.m. (5 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
WALLEYE WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Monday, February 11 - No Practice
Tuesday, February 12 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at TAMO
Wednesday, February 13 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at TAMO
Thursday, February 14 - Practice 10:30 a.m. at TAMO
Friday, February 15 - Game at Cincinnati at 7:35 p.m.
Saturday, February 16 - Game vs. Cincinnati at 7:15 p.m.
Sunday, February 17 - Game vs. Kalamazoo at 5:15 p.m.
**PLEASE NOTE: All times are subject to change. For the latest news on the team visit www.toledowalleye.com.
Weekend sweep of the Fuel: Toledo continued its domination of the Indy Fuel by taking both games over the weekend by scores of 5-4 and 4-1. Defenseman Marcus Crawford led the way for Toledo, scoring once and adding in two assists. The Walleye holds an all-time record of 27-3-2 against Indianapolis.
Sellout run to 18: With crowds of 8,300 on Saturday and 7,897 on Sunday, the Walleye continue to fill the Huntington Center past capacity. An official sellout is 7,431 but Toledo is averaging 7,691 on the season with 18 standing room only crowds over 23 home games.
Offense matters: When the Walleye reach the benchmark of three goals in a game they have a record of 26-1-4. Stretch that out to four goals in a contest and the record improves to 19-0-0. The Walleye reached the four goals in each contest this past weekend.
Leading the power play: Shane Berschbach has been a force on the Walleye power play as he currently is tied for the ECHL league lead in power play points with 22 on the season. Berschbach is tied for the team lead in goals with 17 (11 on the power play) and his 11 power play assists have him second to TJ Hensick (17) on the team.
???????Wolfe Returns: Greg Wolfe is back with the Walleye after being released from his PTO with Binghamton Devils of the AHL. The Canton native played in two games with no points.
Rivalry week: The Walleye face two opponents this week and both are huge team rivals. Friday and Saturday Toledo and Cincinnati will play a home and home starting at the Cyclones on Friday. Toledo is 2-2-0 against the team they trail in the Central Division, although they beat Cincinnati 3-2 in the last meeting on January 25. Sunday, Kalamazoo will be in Toledo for the 8th meeting of the season between the two. The Walleye have a 5-0-2 record against the KWings but have dropped the last two contests once in a shootout and once in overtime.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Marcus Crawford (1 goal - 2 assists = 3 points)
GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK
Kaden Fulcher (1-0-0, 1.00 GAA, .957 save %)
UPCOMING PLAYER APPEARANCES, EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS
Tuesday, February 12
Player Appearance: Toledo VA Clinic Visit | 1200 S. Detroit Avenue | 2-3 p.m.: Brendan Kotyk , AJ Jenks and Ben Storm will visit the clinic to thank local veterans for their service and to thank workers and volunteers who provide services at the clinic.
Wednesday, February 13
Team Appearance: NSG/Pilkington Tour | 140 Dixie Hwy, Rossford | 1 p.m.: Walleye team will tour the facility to learn the art of glass making.
Player Appearance: Scott High School Cooking Class | 2400 Collingwood Blvd. | 3-4 p.m. : Select players team up with students for the 'Not Just for Fun' after-school program. -- Press Release to follow.
Thursday, February 14
Player Appearance: Longfellow Elementary- No One Eats Alone | 1955 W. Laskey Road | 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Select Walleye players will participate in the "No One Eats Alone" anti-bullying school lunch program.
Saturday, February 16
Postgame Player Panel | Aquarium: FINatics Exclusive: Select Walleye players answer questions from FINatics. Former Walleye Kyle Rogers MC's the event.
Sunday, February 17
Princess Palooza: Fairy tale characters from all your favorite stories will join us on this magical night to pose for pictures throughout the game. Fans are encouraged to dress in the best prince or princess costume.
Postgame Open Skate with the Walleye: Grab your skates (or rent a pair for $5) and join the Toledo Walleye on the ice following the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.