Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week
Kalamazoo, MI. - The K-Wings return home for a pair of games this week highlighted by Pink Ice night on Valentine's day as the K-Wings host the Fort Wayne Komets.
Wed., Feb. 6 - Kalamazoo vs. Indy, W, 8-4
Fri., Feb. 8 - Kalamazoo at Indy, W, 4-2
Sat. Feb. 9, -- Kalamazoo at Kansas City, OTL, 4-3
Thurs., Feb. 14 - Kalamazoo vs. Fort Wayne (Pink Ice), 7:30 pm
Sat., Feb. 16 - Kalamazoo vs. Adirondack, 7:30 pm
Sun., Feb. 17- Kalamazoo at Toledo, 5:15 pm
The K-Wings kick off a busy two week span hosting Pink Ice night on Thursday as the Fort Wayne Komets come to town. As a part of the annual Pink Ice night the K-Wings will be honoring approximately 35 cancer survivors on the ice prior to the game.
Stranger Wings Night:
Saturday night the K-Wings will pay tribute to the popular Netflix series Stranger Things. The team will wear special Stranger Wings jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game. Proceeds from the jersey auction will be donated to Community Healing Center. In addition the first 1,000 fans will get a Stranger Things inspired snap back hat.
Hildy's Holding It Down:
Netminder Jake Hildebrand claimed back-to-back victories over the Fuel on Wednesday and Friday running his personal win streak to seven games. The seven-game streak marks the longest win-streak of the Butler, PA native's career. Previously Hildebrand had won five-straight games as a member of the Fuel during the 2016-17 season (Nov. 11-Nov. 23), but had never surpassed five straight. The goaltender is now 16-13-0-2 in net for Kalamazoo this season.
Heading into the weekend the K-Wings have several players riding point-streaks. Kyle Thomas, who had an eight-game scoring streak stopped on Saturday, is currently on a lead-high 11-game point streak. During the 11-game span Thomas has notched 16 points. Reid Gardiner and Brendan Bradley are on four-game scoring streaks, while Michael Neal has notched goals in each of his last three games. Bradley has also netted a point in each of his last five-games since returning to the lineup. Additionally Tanner Sorenson has notched a point in his last seven-games. Sorenson has at least a point in 24 of 30 games so far this season.
After traveling 1,349 miles over the weekend for a pair of games, the K-Wings will hit the road again this weekend setting out on a road trip that will see the team log 2,119 miles and four games between Feb. 17 and Feb. 23. After playing at home on Thursday and Saturday the K-Wings will play four of the final five games of February on the road. Kalamazoo is currently 11-9-1-0 on the road this season.
Central Division Success:
A pair of victories over the Fuel last week helped the K-Wings claim their third straight victories over Indy, and fifth straight over Central Division foes. The K-Wings have won eight of their last ten games played within the division, pushing them into fourth place in the Central Division with 51 points.
Central Division Standings:
1. Cincinnati, (32-9-3-3), 70pts
2. Toledo, (29-11-4-3), 65pts
3. Fort Wayne, (23-17-2-4),52pts
4. Kalamazoo, (24-20-1-2), 51pts
5. Indy, (23-23-2-1), 49pts
6. Wheeling, (21-22-5-1), 48pts
1. Reid Gardiner, F, 26g-27a-53pts
2. Tanner Sorenson, F, 13g, 28a-41pts
3. Kyle Thomas, F, 12g-20a-32pts
4. Justin Taylor, F, 21g-6a-27pts
Kalamazoo Wings single game and season tickets are available now! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com/seasontickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Game Day: Wings Host Game Four Looking to Even Series
- Power Play Scores for Third Straight Game as K-Wings Fall 4-1
- Game Day: Playoff Hockey Returns to Wings Event Center
- Wings Weekly: Playoff Hockey at Wings Event Center, Anselmini Reassigned
- Hildebrand Stops 31 as K-Wings Blank Cyclones, Even Series