Mavs Monday: February 11th
Last Week's Action
2/8: vs. Allen, W 2-0
2/8: vs. Kalamazoo, W 4-3 (OT)
This Week's Schedule
2/13: vs. Tulsa
2/15: at Utah
2/16: at Utah
Mountain Division Standings:
1. Utah 30-13-4-1, 65 pts
2. Idaho 29-17-1-2, 61 pts
3. Tulsa 26-17-4-2, 58 pts
4. Kansas City 24-18-2-1, 51 pts
5. Rapid City 20-24-4-3, 47 pts
6. Wichita 19-22-5-3, 46 pts
7. Allen 16-30-4-2, 38 pts
Notes & Quotes
Wrapping It Up
The Mavericks wrap up their season-long nine-game home stand this Wednesday against the Tulsa Oilers. The Mavericks currently sit at 5-2-1 on the home stand, with wins in five of their last six games. After Wednesday's game, the Mavericks will hit the road at Utah for the first time since January 18th when they played at the Wichita Thunder.
The Mavericks posted two shutouts within seven days of each other. First shutting out the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, February 1 and then the Allen Americans on Friday, February 8. The Mavericks had not shutout an opponent all season until the game against South Carolina.
The Mavs and Oilers game on Wednesday is a makeup game from last week's scheduled game. The Mavs and Oilers were scheduled to play last Tuesday, but winter weather conditions on the road from Tulsa to Kansas City caused the postponement.
Darian Getting It Done
Forward Darian Dziurzynski has nine points in his last five games on six goals and three assists. He scored two goals against Kalamazoo in the Mavericks thrilling overtime comeback on Saturday night. He is currently the Mavericks leading goal scorer with 19 goals on the season.
They're Heating Up
The Mavericks have won five of their last six games and have taken sole possession of the fourth and final playoff spot in the ECHL's Mountain Division and sit seven points back of third place Tulsa.
Mason McDonald shutout two different opponents over the course of seven days last week. First, he shutout South Carolina on February 5th, stopping 19 of 19 shots. On Friday, he stopped 33 of 33 shots against the Allen Americans for his second shutout of the season, earning the game's first star honors. Since returning from IR in January, McDonald has stopped 121 of 133 shots faced for a .910 save percentage.
Willie Can Help
Defenseman Willie Raskob reached the 30 point threshold over the weekend, tallying his 26th assist of the season against South Carolina on Saturday. He is now 3rd among ECHL defensemen in points and tied for 2nd in assists.
The Mavericks are now 19-5-1 at home this season after sweeping the weekend set against Allen and Kalamazoo.
The Mavericks wrap up their home stand against the Tulsa Oilers this Wednesday. This is a makeup game from the iced out game on February 5th. All tickets purchased for that game will be good for Wednesday's game. Please visit kcmavericks.com for more information.
Groups 15+ Call or Text (816) 252-7825
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa
- Mavericks Claim Game Five with Four-Goal Second Period
- Oilers Even Series, Claim 4-3 Win in Game Four
- Mavs Take 2-1 Series Lead with Third Period Heroics