Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud member of the ECHL, and Head Coach Rob Murray announced the following roster moves Monday. Forward Alex Dostie and defenseman Scott Moldenhauer were recalled by the American Hockey League's San Diego Gulls. Tulsa also re-signed forward Scott Cuthrell.
Dostie, 21, appeared in one game for the Oilers during his stint in Tulsa. The Drummondville, Quebec native returns to San Diego, where he has three points (1g, 2a) in 29 games this season. The Anaheim Ducks' 2016 fourth round pick has played in 70 AHL games for the Gulls and six ECHL games with Utah and Tulsa in his two pro seasons.
Moldenhauer, 24, heads back to the Gulls for the third time this season, where he's recorded one point in seven games this season. The Western Michigan University alum from Flint, MI also has 10 assists and a +7 rating in 24 games for the Oilers as a rookie. Moldenhauer joins fellow defenseman Chris Forney, who was recalled by San Diego last Wednesday.
Cuthrell, 25, originally signed with the Oilers in the summer after finishing his college career as captain of his Nichols College team and made Tulsa's roster out of training camp. The Waterford, MI native played in the Oilers' season opener, but was released Oct. 29 and since has posted 30 points (10g, 20a) in 31 games for the Southern Professional Hockey League's Knoxville Ice Bears.
The Oilers travel to Wichita Tuesday for a 7:05pm meeting with the Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena. Tulsa then heads to Independence Wednesday for a 7:05pm make-up game originally scheduled for Feb. 5 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Catch the action on the Sports Animal radio network in Tulsa, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.