Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton
Reading, PA - Tyler Brown scored his first goal of the month and Branden Komm made 31 saves in a 4-1 loss to the Brampton Beast Monday at Santander Arena. Brampton's Étienne Marcoux made 17 saves on 18 shots.
Matt Petgrave's deep-slot shot made it 1-0 on Brampton's second power play of the night with 8:03 left in the first period. It was his first goal since being sent back to the Beast from the Hartford Wolf Pack, and his first since he scored against the Royals on Jan. 18.
Reading went 0-for-3 and Brampton went 1-for-4 on the man-advantage.
On the Beast's second goal, Brandon Marino drove down the right wing and flicked the puck on net, handcuffing Komm. David Vallorani collected it in the low slot and backhanded it in with 1:44 remaining in the period. It was Vallorani's 14th point in his last 11 games and fourth goal in three games against Reading this season. The Beast took a 2-0 lead into the second period.
Brown put Reading on the board midway through the second via a fortuitous puck bounce. Marcoux skated into the trapezoid to corral Nick Luukko's dump-in, but the puck slated off the boards and into the low slot, where Brown was waiting to slot his third goal of the campaign.
Artur Tianulin scored his second goal in two games to put Brampton up, 3-1, 2:57 into the third period with a one-timer from the left circle, and Nathan Todd scored the empty-netter to seal the game for the Beast, 4-1.
Next Home Games
Wed., Feb. 20: Player Cards and Player Autograph session vs. Maine at 7:00 p.m.
1) Postgame player autograph session and player card giveaway, pres. by Rieck's Printing
Sun., Feb. 24 at 4:00 p.m.: Faith and Family Night + Battle of the Badges with a Berks Schuylkill Oil Heat Puck Giveaway vs. Adirondack
1) Pregame Battle of the Badges for the FirstStates Cup game (Allentown police and fire vs. Reading police and fire departments)
2) Royals will giveaway a Berks Schuylkill Oil Heat Puck
3) Faith & Family Night
Fri., Mar. 15: Mental Health Awareness Night vs. Indy at 7:00 p.m.
1) Supporting mental health initiatives with the Royals
Sat., Mar. 16: St. Hat Trick's Day vs. Indy at 7:00 p.m.
1) Chance to win $10,000 if Royals player gets a hat trick
2) Ice Angels Dance Team card giveaway, pres. by Baja Beach Tanning Club
3) Enter for a chance to win a 2017 Toyota Camry, courtesy of AutoRide of Reading
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2019
- Brown Scores 3rd of Season in 4-1 Loss to Brampton - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, February 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Texas Stars Recall Forward Spencer Naas - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Seek Winning Homestand Before Hitting Road - Maine Mariners
- Busy Week Ahead for Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Announce Series of Roster Moves - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Weekly: Week 2 of Homestand Brings in Orlando, Manchester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- This Week Is Grizzlies Fight Cancer Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - February 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 18 (February 4 - February 10) - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Weekly, February 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Powell Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval - Fort Wayne Komets
- Wings Weekly: Pink Ice on Thursday Night Kicks off Busy Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Monday: February 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Adams-Moisan Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - February 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.