Thunder Sign Former Princeton D-Man
Wichita, KS (Nov. 12th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, announced this afternoon the signing of defenseman Eric Meland to a standard player contract. The Thunder also announced that defenseman Jim Jorgensen has been released from his ECHL agreement.
Meland, 25, played overseas last season for HC Banska Bystrica in Slovakia, tallying 22 points (7g, 15a) in 34 games. A native of Grand Forks, North Dakota, the 6-foot, 185-pound blueliner also played 18 games for BK Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic, recording eight points (4g, 4a) in 18 games. He signed in the off-season with the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL and appeared in two contests earlier this season. Prior to turning pro with Missouri in 2012-13, Meland played a four-year career at Princeton University where he finished with 60 points (16g, 44a) in 118 games as a Tiger.
Wichita returns home for the next two games, starting on Saturday night against the Allen Americans at 7:05 p.m. The Thunder host Missouri on Sunday afternoon at 5:05 p.m.
Individual tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 14, 2014
- Oilers slip past Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Tulsa Bests Rush in First Meeting - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Blitz Rush in First Period, Cruise to 6-4 Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Ontario Edges Utah 3-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Falls 3-1 to Allen Americans - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Pull out Shootout Win in Kalamazoo, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Royals escape with shootout victory over K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Solar Bears Snap Wheeling's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Stumble Late in 4-2 Loss to Elmira - Evansville IceMen
- Warriors Battle Back for 4-2 Win over Gwinnett - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators Drop Third Period Battle, 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mallards Fall to Beast 2-1 in Overtime - Quad City Mallards
- 'Blades Open Weekend with 4-1 Win at South Carolina - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays' Power Play Continues to Improve Despite Loss to Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Sign Former Princeton D-Man - Wichita Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - November 14 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Idaho - Tonight Star Wars Night/Team Posters/Military Appreciation - Bakersfield Condors
- Berschbach Assigned to Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Utah Grizzlies - Ontario Reign
- Spinell Loaned from Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Visit Alaska - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings' Blain Heads to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers vs. Solar Bears Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Rapid City Rush - Tonight at 7:35 PM - Tulsa Oilers
- IceMen vs. Elmira Game Preview - Evansville IceMen
- Gladiators Game Preview: Gladiators at Road Warriors - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royal Road Ahead (Reading V Kalamazoo Wings) at Wings Stadium - Reading Royals
- Hockey Headlines Home for the Holidays in Elmira - Elmira Jackals
- Ziff Law Firm's Veterans' Day Tribute Ceremony at First Arena Tonight - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Family Four Pack Friday Tonight vs. Florida Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 14 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.