Thunder Announces Season-Ending Roster
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced Tuesday their 2019-20 season-ending roster.
The list of 20 players includes eight defensemen, 11 forwards and one goalie.
Defensemen (8): Cam Clarke, Garrett Schmitz, Kyle Pouncy, Jacob Graves, Sean Allen, Zachary Borsoi, Dylan Olsen, Patrik Parkkonen
Forwards (11): Jay Dickman, Shaquille Merasty, Jason Salvaggio, Fabrizio Ricci, Lane Bauer, Peter Crinella, Stefan Fournier, Billy Exell, Spencer Dorowicz, Chris Gerrie, Frankie Melton
Goalie (1): Mitch Gillam
Season-Ending Rosters may include up to 20 players. Season-Ending Rosters cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2019-20.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than June 30. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2020-21 Season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to June 30.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player, or to a goaltender who has played more than 180 regular-season games, will retain the rights to that player until July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player or goaltender is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran or goaltender shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Season tickets for the 2020-21 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 16, 2020
- Mavericks Unveil Updated Logo, Color Scheme - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Admirals Resign Forward Alex Tonge for 2020-21 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Utah Grizzlies Announce 2019-20 Season-Ending Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Re-Sign Szydlowski, Petruzzelli and Jenks - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Announces Season-Ending Roster - Wichita Thunder
- IceMen Release 2020 Season-Ending Roster - Jacksonville IceMen
- Rush Complete Futures Trade, Announce Season-Ending Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Announce Season Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Announce 2019-2020 Season-Ending Roster - Florida Everblades
- K-Wings Submit Season-Ending Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce New Perks for Full Season Ticket Holders - Reading Royals
- Solar Bears Announce 2020 Season-Ending Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- Mariners Announce Season-Ending Roster - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Announce 2019-20 Season-Ending Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Rush Nominated for Six League Awards - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Nominated for Several ECHL Team Awards - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Complete Future Consideration Deals for 19-20 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Admirals Acquire Four to Complete Future Considerations Deals - Norfolk Admirals
- IceMen Acquire Forward Abbott Girduckis - Jacksonville IceMen
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Part Ways with Head Coach Kevin Kerr - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.