Thunder Announce 2019-20 Protected List
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced their protected list this afternoon, consisting of twenty skaters and one goaltender.
The Adirondack Thunder's protected list is as follows:
Goaltenders (x1): Alex Sakellaropoulos
Defensemen (x9): Blake Thompson, Jake Linhart, Kelly Summers, Matias Cleland, Michael Sdao, Desmond Bergin, Andrew Tessier, Sean Federow and Jordan McNaughton
Forwards (x11): Jakob Reichert, Ryan Walker, Cullen Bradshaw, James Henry, Dylan Walchuk, Matt Salhany, Shane Conacher, Mike Szmatula, Peter MacArthur, Conor Riley and Alex Carrier
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2018-19 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2018-19, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2018-19 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2018-19.
2019-2020 Adirondack Thunder season tickets are on sale now! For more information on ticket packages, call 518-480-3355 or visit ECHLThunder.com/tickets. For all the latest Thunder news, follow the team on all social media @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2019
- Thunder Announces Protected List - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Announce 2019 Protected List - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Announce Protected List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brampton Beast Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Brampton Beast
- Everblades Announce List of Protected Players - Florida Everblades
- Swamp Rabbits Release Protected List - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Protected List for 2019-2020 Season - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Unveil 2019 Protected List - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Announce Protected List - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Release Protected List - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Protected List - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Protected List - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Announce 2019 Protected List - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Thunder Issue Statement on Opt out of 2020-21 Season
- Adirondack Lands Veteran Forward Pete Macarthur in Trade with Orlando
- Rookie Defenseman Grant Frederic Turns Pro with Thunder
- Former QMJHL Champion Samuel Laberge Joins Adirondack
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Forward Chase Lang from IceMen