Steelheads Announce 2019 Protected List
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads, proud ECHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars, have announced their protected list of players as submitted to the ECHL following the 2018-19 season.
The list of 24 players includes 13 forwards, nine defensemen and two goaltenders. The Steelheads protected list is as follows:
Forwards (13): Tony Cameranesi, Connor Chatham, Alexander Dahl, Jefferson Dahl, Kale Kessy, Steve McParland, Will Merchant, Ryan Misiak, Mitch Moroz, Justin Parizek, Reid Petryk, Kyle Schempp, A.J. White
Defense (9): Cody Corbett, Charlie Dodero, Joe Faust, Aaron Harstad, Keegan Kanzig, Jeff King, Brady Norrish, Colton Saucerman, Eric Sweetman
Goaltenders (2): Ryan Faragher, Tomas Sholl
Per the ECHL, teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association (PHPA), which states that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2018-19 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2018-19 , and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2018-19 Regular Season, the subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Considerations trades by 3:00 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3:00 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2018-19.
Season tickets and flex plans for the 2019-20 season are now available! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for next season. Stay connected to the Steelheads throughout the summer on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2019
- Thunder Announces Protected List - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Announce 2019 Protected List - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Announce Protected List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brampton Beast Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Brampton Beast
- Everblades Announce List of Protected Players - Florida Everblades
- Swamp Rabbits Release Protected List - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Protected List for 2019-2020 Season - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Unveil 2019 Protected List - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Announce Protected List - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Release Protected List - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Protected List - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Protected List - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Announce 2019 Protected List - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Weekly - January 21, 2020
- Steelheads Pick up Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Grizzlies
- Brady Norrish Added to ECHL All-Star Classic Hardest Shot Competition
- Steelheads Fall 3-1 in Home Weekend Finale Sellout to Oilers
- Goaltender Tomas Sholl Returns from Recall to Texas Stars