Mavericks Announce Protected List
The Kansas City Mavericks announced their protected list of players Monday as submitted to the ECHL following the 2018-19 season. The list of 21 players includes 12 forwards, eight defensemen and one goaltender.
Protected Forwards: Mark Cooper, Loren Ulett, Joey Sides, CJ Eick, Corey Durocher, Mike Panowyk, Rocco Carzo, Jared VanWormer, Greg Betzold, David Dziurzynski, Darian Dziurzynski, Shawn Pauly
Protected Defensemen: Brett Beauvais, Brayden Sherbinin, Cliff Watson, Neal Goff, Jordan Klimek, Nikolas Koberstein, Riley Sweeney, Nate Widman
Protected Goaltender: Ben Halford
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2018-19 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2018-19, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2018-19 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2018-19.
The Kansas City Mavericks will begin their 11th season of play this October at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
Groups 15+ Call or Text (816) 252-7825
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2019
- Thunder Announces Protected List - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Announce 2019 Protected List - Reading Royals
- Mavericks Announce Protected List - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brampton Beast Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Brampton Beast
- Everblades Announce List of Protected Players - Florida Everblades
- Swamp Rabbits Release Protected List - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Announce Protected List for 2019-2020 Season - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Unveil 2019 Protected List - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Oilers Announce Protected List - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Protected List - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Release Protected List - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Protected List - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Announce Protected List - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Announce 2019 Protected List - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Team Store Reopening for Summer Sale
- Mavericks Announce Limited Home Schedule Dates for 2020-21
- Mavericks Hire Tad O'Had as Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations
- Mavericks Announce Online Team Store Sale to Benefit Boys and Girls Club of Kansas City
- Mavericks Captain Rocco Carzo Announces Retirement