Thunder Adds Talented Center Sims
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the signing of forward Jordan Sims for the upcoming 2019-20 season.
"Jordan is a strong, two-way center that has been described to me as a player who you want on the ice late in games," commented Head Coach Bruce Ramsay. "He has had some productive seasons in this league and will be a good addition for us up front. He comes from a good pedigree as I coached against his father for many years. Being the son of a coach is an advantage for him and he is an extremely intelligent player as well."
Sims, 29, enters his sixth season as a pro. A native of Fort Wayne, Indiana, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward has spent the majority of his career in the ECHL with Idaho, Evansville, Cincinnati, Greenville and Fort Wayne. In 173 career ECHL games, he has recorded 111 points (38g, 73a), which includes two 40-point seasons. His father, Al, had an extensive playing career in the NHL and a long career coaching in the ECHL.
Prior to turning pro, Sims played a four-year career at the University of Connecticut. He reached 20 points in all four seasons, totaling 101 points (36g, 65a) in 146 career games for the Huskies.
The Thunder will open the season at home on Friday and Saturday, October 11th and 12th and will host the ECHL All-Star Classic on Wednesday January 22nd, 2020. Get your tickets now for the league's annual showcase that features some of the best young talent across the ECHL.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 27, 2019
- Admirals Sign 10 Year Veteran Ben Holmstrom - Norfolk Admirals
- Yale's Charles Curti Joins Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Announce Hat Trick for Reading Program Updates - South Carolina Stingrays
- Forward Spencer Naas Returns Ahead of 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Stanley Cup to be in Attendance on Opening Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Adds Talented Center Sims - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Forward Kozun and Blueliner McKernan - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gladiators Get Former NCAA Champ Back - Atlanta Gladiators
- Forward Dante Salituro Agrees to Terms with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Tough Scorer Shaquille Merasty Signs with Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 2019-20 Promotional Schedule Announced - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jake Henderson Joins Rush for First Professional Season - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Add Rookie Defenseman Ian Edmondson - Kalamazoo Wings
- Worcester Railers HC Single-Game Tickets Available Through Special Pre-Sale Offer - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.