T-Bones Martin Sold to the Mets
WICHITA, Kan.- The Kansas City T-Bones announced prior to tonight's game in Wichita that right-handed pitcher and former Major Leaguer Cody Martin has been sold to the New York Mets.
Cody Martin was scratched from his opening night start last night, but the move was not official until earlier Saturday. The T-Bones roster now stands at 22 going into the final game of the three-game series Sunday at 1:05 pm in Wichita.
Martin has parts of three seasons in the Major Leagues, the most recent being the 2017 season. He appeared in one game for the Seattle Mariners last season and another 20 games at AAA Tacoma in the Pacific Coast League. In the PCL Martin went 0-2 with a save, posting a 4.29 ERA in 56.2 innings for the Rainiers.
In 2016 Martin worked 25.2 innings for the Mariners going 1-2 in 25.2 innings in nine games, including two starts and a 3.86 ERA. For Tacoma, Martin went 10-7 with a 3.62 ERA in 114.1 innings, adding 114 strike outs in 2016. A native of Dos Palos, California, Martin was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 7th round on the MLB June draft out of Gonzaga University. He would climb through the Braves system eventually making his Major League debut on April 7, 2015 for Atlanta in a 12-2 Braves win over the Miami Marlins. Martin would work two scoreless innings while striking out four. Martin made the Big League club out of spring training in 2015 and was optioned back to AAA on May 19th but not before he picked up his first Major League win on April 17th at Toronto, working a scoreless seventh inning of relief in an 8-7 win for Atlanta.
The T-Bones return home for their home opener Tuesday night at 7:05 pm against the Gary SouthShore RailCats. Season, group, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium. Call the Box Office at 913-328-5618 or purchase and print at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to www.tbonesbaseball.com. and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 19, 2018
- Explorers Offense Powers Way to Third Win of Season - Sioux City Explorers
- X's Score 14 to Take Series from Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Railroaders Take Series over Goldeyes - Cleburne Railroaders
- T-Bones Rally Late; Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Edged by Railroaders - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- May 19 Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Martin Sold to the Mets - Kansas City T-Bones
- Harman Powers Wichita to Series Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- Turnbull's Stellar Start Propels Dogs to First Win in Franchise History - Chicago Dogs
- Copeland's 4 Hits Not Enough in 8-3 Loss to St. Paul - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Staying Single, Saints Get First Win of Season with 8-3 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Last Night's Recaps - AA
- Unearned Runs Doom T-Bones in the Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City T-Bones Stories
- T-Bones Perio Jr Named Championship MVP
- T-Bones Win with a Grand Slam; Chance to Clinch Championship Title Saturday
- T-Bones Host American Association Championship Games
- T-Bones Return Home for Championship Series
- Saints Make T-Bones Suffer in Game 2 of Championship Series