Railroaders Take Series over Goldeyes
CLEBURNE, Texas - Levi Scott went 3-for-4 with an RBI, and the Railroaders clinched the series with a 6-4 win over the Winnipeg Goldeyes on Saturday night.
Scott hit his second double of the year, and Cleburne overcame a 3-0 deficit for their first series win of 2018.
Scott was one of five Railroaders who recorded multi-hit games, and the Railroaders used a four-run fourth inning for their first-ever 2-0 start.
In his Railroaders debut, Patrick Young went 5.2 innings, giving up four runs - two earned - on five hits with three walks and six strikeouts.
Patrick Palmeiro clubbed the team's first home run - a three-run shot in the four-run fourth inning - and both Roman Gomez and Shawn Blackwell locked down with 3.1 scoreless innings in relief.
Cam Monger went 2-for-4 with a pair of runs scored, while Trevor Sealey went 2-for-3 with an RBI out of the nine-hole. K.C. Huth and Blake Grant-Parks both collected their first multi-hit games of 2018.
The Railroaders now aim for a sweep of the opening series Sunday afternoon against the Goldeyes. Cleburne will throw LHP Will Mathis while Winnipeg will throw RHP Edwin Carl.
First pitch is set for 2:05 p.m. and will be broadcast on both TuneIn Radio and American Association TV. Good seats are still available and can be purchased at www.railroaderbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 19, 2018
- Explorers Offense Powers Way to Third Win of Season - Sioux City Explorers
- X's Score 14 to Take Series from Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Railroaders Take Series over Goldeyes - Cleburne Railroaders
- T-Bones Rally Late; Lose to Wichita 5-2 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Edged by Railroaders - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- May 19 Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Martin Sold to the Mets - Kansas City T-Bones
- Harman Powers Wichita to Series Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- Turnbull's Stellar Start Propels Dogs to First Win in Franchise History - Chicago Dogs
- Copeland's 4 Hits Not Enough in 8-3 Loss to St. Paul - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Staying Single, Saints Get First Win of Season with 8-3 Victory over RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Last Night's Recaps - AA
- Unearned Runs Doom T-Bones in the Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.