Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, suffered a 108-86 defeat to the Delaware Blue Coats on Saturday night at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
Greensboro (11-12) was led by two-way player Joe Chealey and his 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists in 36 minutes. The Swarm's other two-way player, JP Macura, did not play as he was transferred to the Charlotte Hornets earlier in the week.
Haywood Highsmith had a team-high 22 points for the Blue Coats (8-13). Matt Farrell filled up the stat sheet with 17 points, six assists, four rebounds and three steals in 35 minutes. Jared Brownridge contributed 16 points, while Cameron Oliver had a double-double of 15 points and 14 rebounds.
The Blue Coats jumped to an early lead and maintained control throughout the game. Holding a 10-point lead at half, the Delaware advantage grew to as much as 21 in the second half. The Blue Coats shot 47 percent for the game, including 39 percent from long range (16-for-41).
The Swarm also had double-digit scoring efforts from Jaylen Barford (16 points), Roscoe Smith (13), Sam Thompson (12) and Chinanu Onuaku (12). Greensboro had success in transition, outscoring Delaware, 15-4, in fast break points. The Swarm forced 20 Blue Coats turnovers.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Canton Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Swarm in NBA 2KL Three for All Showdown
- Hornets Sports & Entertainment, HSE Ownership and Charlotte Hornets Players Team up to Establish Fund for Hourly Employees
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from the Greensboro Swarm
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Jeff Roberson to Roster
- Hornets Sign Joe Chealey to Second 10-Day Contract