Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Oklahoma City Blue (17-6) fell to the Agua Caliente Clippers (12-9), 112-94, on Friday night, despite a 6-of-6 three-point shooting night from two-way player Donte Grantham.
Oklahoma City trailed by as many as 23 points in the fourth quarter but cut the deficit to 105-92 with three minutes left after two free throws from Grantham. Despite outscoring the Clippers in the fourth, the Blue couldn't come back in the game.
Grantham scored a team-high tying 24 points on 8-of-14 shooting, his third game with 20 or more points this season. Fellow two-way player Deonte Burton turned in 10 points, a team-high seven rebounds and four assists.
The Clippers opened the third quarter on a 19-6 run, led by 10 points from LA Clippers assignee Jerome Robinson. Agua Caliente shot 10-of-13 from beyond the arc in the third and led 90-70 heading into the fourth.
Robinson led the Clippers scoring efforts with 28 points.
The teams went back and forth in the first half, with 13 lead changes and eight ties. Grantham scored 17 points and Chris Wright added 14 points as Oklahoma City held a 52-51 lead at halftime.
Wright finished with a season-high 24 points off the bench. The Blue's bench outscored the Clippers' 43-34.
Oklahoma City will finish its road trip with a visit to the Iowa Wolves on Sunday, Jan. 6 at 6 p.m. CT at Wells Fargo Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Canton Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter