Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (16-6), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, won their fourth consecutive game as they defeated the Raptors 905 (14-9) 126-105 at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The four-game streak ties for the longest in franchise history, last done earlier this season from 11/3-11/11.
Long Island guard Shannon Scott recorded the second triple-double in franchise-history and second of his career with a career-high 17 points, 10 rebounds and 16 assists. Long Island forward Drew Gordon posted a double-double with a season-high 19 points and 10 rebounds, his second double-double of the season. Long Island forward Thomas Wimbush came off the bench to score 21 points with six rebounds and three assists.
Long Island never trailed in this one, scoring first and maintaining the lead throughout the game. The Nets outscored the Raptors 32-16 in the first quarter, led by Tahjere McCall's eight points and Theo Pinson's seven in the opening period.
The Nets added to their lead in the second quarter, scoring 40 points in the period carrying a 72-42 lead into halftime.
The Raptors battled back after halftime, leading the Nets in both the third (32-28) and fourth (31-26), but the Nets ended up winning by a score of 126-105.
Toronto guard Malachi Richardson led the game with 33 points and added five rebounds and an assist while on assignment with the Raptors 905. 905 forward Kyle Collinsworth had 11 points and a team-high nine rebounds with an assist and two steals.
Long Island will head to Maine to take on the Red Claws on Thursday, January 10, at 7 p.m. ET, while the Raptors will head to Delaware to face the Blue Coats on Friday, January 11, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Canton Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle
- Long Island Nets and Pink Tie Will Donate $25,000 to Seven Local Non-Profit Organizations
- Long Island Nets Defeat Greensboro Swarm on Franchise-Record Shooting Night
- Long Island Nets to Host Second-Annual 'You Make the Call' Referee Clinic this Monday, February 24
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer