Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night
ONTARIO, Calif., Jan. 4, 2019 - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (12-9) defeat the Oklahoma City Blue (17-6), 112-94, on Friday night behind a record performance on the boards by Angel Delgado.
Delgado, the G League's leading rebounder, pulled down a league record 31 rebounds, his third game this season with at least 20 rebounds. He also added 22 points for the first 20 point, 30 rebound game in the history of the G league.
After a tight first half with the Blue leading by one at the break, the Clippers came out of the locker room firing on all cylinders, knocking down a season-high 10 three-pointers in the third quarter, to take a 90-70 lead into the fourth. They finished the game with a season high 20 makes from downtown. Seven of those three pointers came from LA Clippers assignee Jerome Robinson.
Robinson led all scorers with 28 points on 9-of-20 shooting from the field.
The Blue were led by Donte Grantham, who recorded 24 points on 8-of-14 shooting from the field and a perfect 6-of-6 from distance. Chris Wright added 24 points off the bench, making 10 of his 16 shot attempts.
Aqua Caliente was without two-way forward Johnathan Motley, who was recalled by the LA Clippers for their game against the Phoenix Suns tonight.
The boys in Ontario look to remain perfect in 2019 as they host the Sioux Falls Skyforce in a 7 p.m. (PST) showdown in Citizens Business Bank Arena on Tuesday night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Canton Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends