Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs
Austin, Texas - The Memphis Hustle defeated the Austin Spurs 110-97 Saturday afternoon at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park to sweep the season series 3-0. The Hustle won each meeting by double digits, two of which came on the road, and now improve to 14-9 on the season.
Memphis started slow, but made a 13-2 run into a 19-15 lead with 2:02 to go in the opening frame before Austin regained a 22-21 lead at the end of the period. The Hustle turned up the heat in the second, scoring 36 points (14-25 FG, 6-10 3P) to take a 57-50 lead into halftime. Over the first half, Memphis owned the boards with a 12-3 edge in second chance points and 9-3 advantage in offensive rebounds.
The Hustle maintained control in the second half, leading by as many as 21, and additionally continued to control the glass. Memphis outrebounded the Spurs 56-38, including 17-5 on the offensive glass, and held a 19-6 advantage in second chance points.
Tyler Harvey and Marcus Keene led the Hustle with 18 points apiece, with Keene shooting 8-of-11 off the bench. Doral Moore (15 points, 17 rebounds) and Yuta Watanabe (14 points, 10 rebounds) each posted double-doubles. Moore's 17 rebounds are the most by any Hustle player this season. Tarik Phillip (15 points), Markel Crawford (13 points) and Nino Johnson (11 points) also reached double figures. Johnson's five blocks, all in the first half, are tied for the most by any Hustle player this season.
Lonnie Walker IV led all scorers with 34 points on 12-of-22 shooting (4-6 3P). Ben Moore had 11 points off the bench. Amida Brimah was one point shy of a double-double (13 rebounds) while blocking four shots.
The team returns to Landers Center on Thursday, January 7 at 7 p.m. to take on the Canton Charge. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Celtics
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Cleveland Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Memphis Hustle to Host 'Back to Basketball' Youth Clinics on Sunday, September 26 at Landers Center
- Memphis Hustle Announce 2021-22 Showcase Cup and Regular Season Schedules
- Memphis Hustle Complete Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle to Hold Open Tryout Sessions in Memphis and Southaven
- Hustle Top Blue Coats in Single-Site Season Finale