Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired forward Emanuel Terry in a trade with the Canton Charge in exchange for guard Malik Newman.
Terry, a 6-9, 220-pound rookie out of Lincoln Memorial University, went undrafted in the 2018 NBA Draft before signing an NBA Summer League contract with the Denver Nuggets. In five summer league games (one start) for the Nuggets, Terry averaged 7.4 points and 5.0 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per contest. After being waived by the Nuggets, Terry signed a training camp deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers on October 11, 2018 before ultimately being allocated to the Canton Charge as an affiliate player.
In 20 games (12 starts) for the Charge this season, Terry averaged 8.1 points and 6.4 rebounds in just under 22 minutes played per game. On December 20, Terry scored a career-high 15 points to go along with a career-high 12 rebounds against the Skyforce during the MGM Resorts Winter Showcase in Las Vegas.
Prior to his professional career, Terry spent four years at Lincoln Memorial (NCAA Division II) where he appeared in 120 games (72 starts) while averaging 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per contest. His collegiate career was capped by an explosive senior season that saw him average 16.9 points, 10.3 rebounds and 2.2 blocks in 31 appearances (31 starts). Terry was awarded SAC Player of the Year, SAC Defensive Player of the Year, SAC All-First Team, SAC All-Tournament Team and NABC Division II All-American Team honors as a senior in 2018.
Terry will wear No. 9 for Sioux Falls this season, and his first opportunity to suit up will come in Sunday's road contest against the Northern Arizona Suns at 4:00PM CT in Prescott Valley, AZ. Sunday's game will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
Single game tickets, flex packs, season tickets and five-game Sioux Falls Celebration Series plans are on sale now. To purchase, or to gain more information, contact a Skyforce representative at 605-332-0605 today.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Secure Comeback Win over Texas Legends 121-116 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Continues Winning Streak - Windy City Bulls
- High Octane Offense Fuels Wolves in Win over Mad Ants - Iowa Wolves
- Swarm Defeated by Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Shannon Scott Triple-Double - Long Island Nets
- Drive Fall at Home Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Rally to Win on the Road - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias in Trade with Raptors 905 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Sweep Season Series with Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Fall to Memphis Hustle 110-97 - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Acquire Emanuel Terry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Acquire Newman in Trade - Canton Charge
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Clippers Take Down Blue with Help from Delgado's Record Night - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stars Edge Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Blue Loses Steam in Second Half at Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stars Acquire Tre'shaun Fletcher - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.