Stuver, Gabrielsen, Driussi, Josh Wolff Earn MLS Team of the Week Honors
Austin, TEXAS - Austin FC goalkeeper Brad Stuver, defender Ruben Gabrielsen, midfielder Sebastián Driussi, and Head Coach Josh Wolff earned Major League Soccer (MLS) Team of the Week honors for Week 12 of the regular season. Gabrielsen and Diego Fagundez provided the goals as the Verde & Black recorded their third away win of the season, beating LAFC 2-1 on Wednesday night to reclaim first place in the MLS Western Conference and Supporters' Shield standings.
Gabrielsen opened the scoring in the 13th minute with his second goal for the Club, taking an excellent first touch to control a pass from Jhojan Valencia in the penalty area before firing a composed finish past a sliding LAFC defender.
Stuver made an important double save on Latif Blessing and Carlos Vela to protect Austin's lead moments after Gabrielsen's goal, part of a six-save performance on his return from injury.
Driussi helped seal the result late on, assisting Diego Fagundez with an audacious rabona pass to beat two (2) defenders. It was the Argentine's 11th goal contribution of the season (seven goals, four assists), and he contributed in other areas as well, winning 12 duels, four (4) tackles, and four (4) fouls.
Wolff led the team to its third away win of the season, five (5) days after he signed a three-year contract extension to remain head coach of the Verde & Black through the end of the 2025 MLS season.
The full MLS Team of the Week honors for Week 12 are as follows:
F: Lucas Cavallini (VAN), Raul Ruidiaz (SEA), Daniel Salloi (SKC)
M: Xherdan Shaqiri (CHI), Jamiro Monteiro (SJ), Hany Mukhtar (NSH), Sebastián Driussi (ATX)
D: Alexander Callens (NYC), Damion Lowe (MIA), Ruben Gabrielsen (ATX)
GK: Brad Stuver (ATX)
Coach: Josh Wolff (ATX)
Bench: Drake Callender (MIA), Yeimar Gomez Andrade (SEA), Alex Muyl (NSH), Alfredo Morales (NYC), Jackson Yueill (SJ), Emanuel Reynoso (MIN), Omir Fernandez (RBNY)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 19, 2022
- Limited Tickets Still Available for LA Galaxy's May 22 Home Match against Houston Dynamo FC - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and OUC Join Forces for 2022 Sustainability Week - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Midfielder Jamiro Monteiro Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Midfielder Jamiro Monteiro Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 12 - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Seek Fifth-Straight Win, Return Home to Host the New England Revolution - FC Cincinnati
- Lowe and Callender Named to MLS Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Philadelphia Union Announces New Partnership with Allstate Insurance Company - Philadelphia Union
- Stuver, Gabrielsen, Driussi, Josh Wolff Earn MLS Team of the Week Honors - Austin FC
- FC Dallas Announces 2022 Unified Team Roster - FC Dallas
- Kickoff Times Announced for Hudson River Derby and Matches against Charlotte FC - New York City FC
- Sporting Director Zoran Krneta Assesses Team's Season Thus Far, What's to Come and Chelsea FC Match - Charlotte FC
- Five Points: Bright Start - New York City FC
- CF Montréal to Retire Number 12 on Sunday - Club de Foot Montreal
- NYCFC Partners with Crest and Oral-B to Help Close America's Smile Gap - New York City FC
- Audi Field in Conjunction with the Capitol Riverfront BID Present "Movies on the Pitch" - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF to Host FC Barcelona at DRV PNK Stadium on July 19 - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls to Host FC Barcelona on July 30 at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Reschedules Match Between Colorado Rapids and New York Red Bulls - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 against New York City FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Timbers Drop 3-2 Result against San Jose Earthquakes on the Road - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Suffers First Home Loss of 2022, Fall 2-1 to Austin FC - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Defeat Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC Beats LAFC 2-1 to Reclaim Top Spot in MLS Standings - Austin FC
- 'Caps Finish Home Stand With Comeback Win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Earn 1-1 Draw on the Road against Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Suffer Physical 2-1 Loss to Sporting Kansas City on the Road - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Wins 1-0 over Houston Dynamo FC in Midweek Action at PNC Stadium - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Falls 2-1 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville Soccer Club Extends Home Unbeaten Streak to 23 Matches Across All Competitions with 2-1 Win over CF Montréal - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Earns 2-1 Win over Colorado - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Fall 1-0 to Seattle Sounders FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- Loons Earn Point at Home against Galaxy - Minnesota United FC
- Callender: Ã¢ÂÂI Really Think We Have a Group That Is Going to Go the DistanceÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Pereira's Long-Range Strike Lifts Austin FC to Away Win over Charlotte FC
- Brad Stuver Nominated for 2022 ESPN Sports Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Sebastián Driussi Named to MLS Team of the Week
- Driussi, Hoesen Score as Austin FC Comes Back to Draw FC Dallas
- Austin FC Announces Collaboration with Iconic Austin Skate Shop No-Comply