Stingrays Acquire Defender Cole Fraser
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays, proud ECHL affiliate of the Washington Capitals, announced the acquisition of defenseman Cole Fraser in a trade with the Allen Americans Monday in exchange for future considerations.
Fraser, 21, has appeared in 10 games for Allen this season after spending his rookie year with the Americans during 2019-20 and posting eight points (four goals, four assists) in 36 games.
A native of Ottawa, Ontario, Fraser played his junior hockey with the Peterborough Petes in the Ontario Hockey League from 2015-19 before turning pro. During those four seasons Fraser played in 221 games with the Petes while scoring 54 points on 14 goals and 40 assists.
The 6-foot-2, 198-pound defender was previously selected by the Detroit Red Wings in the 5th round of the 2017 NHL Draft.
South Carolina returns to action on Friday night when they begin a 3-game series in Wheeling against the Nailers at 7:10 p.m.
- Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2020-21 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
Group and season ticket plans are on sale now! For more information or to purchase, contact the Stingrays by phone at 843-744-2248.
Images from this story
Defender Cole Fraser with the Allen Americans
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2021
- Mavs Game Preview January 18 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Energizing First Period Leads to 5-2 Win over Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Defeat Grizzlies 5-2 on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Goalie Motte Loaned to Bridgeport - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: KC at Utah. January 18, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Sign Woods, Lowney and Killins - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Acquire Defender Cole Fraser - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Marcinew Inks Deal with Tucson - Indy Fuel
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oil Drops: Oilers Gear up for Four-Game Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Bounce Back from Midweek Loss with Weekend Sweep - Florida Everblades
- Three Players Headed to San Jose - Allen Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.