Grizzlies Sign Woods, Lowney and Killins
West Valley City, Utah - The Utah Grizzlies have signed forward Riley Woods and defenseman Ryan Lowney and Ryker Killins and have added them to the roster.
Woods played with the Newfoundland Growlers last season, scoring 37 points (13 goals, 24 assists). He was a teammate last season with current Grizzlies goaltender Parker Gahagen, defensemen Garrett Johnston and Miles Gendron and forward Trey Bradley. Woods played in the WHL with the Regina Pats and Spokane Chiefs.
Lowney has pervious experience in this league with the Fort Wayne Komets from 2017-2019. With the Komets his best season was the 2018-19 campaign, where Ryan scored 38 points (5 goals, 33 assists) in 72 games. Lowney played his college hockey at Ferris State from 2014-2017 and was a teammate with Ryker Killins for 2 seasons in 2016, 2017.
Killins played last season with the Rapid City Rush, scoring 21 points (5 goals, 16 assists) in 47 games. He also played in 3 games with the AHL's Tucson Roadrunners last season.
In a separate roster move the Grizzlies have released defenseman Tanner Jago, who had 2 assists in 8 games.
The Grizzlies homestand concludes on Monday, January 18th with a 5:10 pm start time against the Kansas City Mavericks. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com. Next homestand will be on January 29th-31st against the Allen Americans.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 18, 2021
- Mavs Game Preview January 18 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Energizing First Period Leads to 5-2 Win over Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Defeat Grizzlies 5-2 on MLK Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Goalie Motte Loaned to Bridgeport - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Preview: KC at Utah. January 18, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Sign Woods, Lowney and Killins - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Acquire Defender Cole Fraser - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 18 - ECHL
- Marcinew Inks Deal with Tucson - Indy Fuel
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oil Drops: Oilers Gear up for Four-Game Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 18 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Bounce Back from Midweek Loss with Weekend Sweep - Florida Everblades
- Three Players Headed to San Jose - Allen Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.