Steelheads Host Preseason Meeting with Utah Grizzlies on October 5
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads host their lone preseason game at CenturyLink Arena on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7:10 p.m. against the Utah Grizzlies as part of a home-and-home weekend beginning at Maverik Center on Friday, Oct. 4 at 7:05 p.m.
The annual home-and-home preseason weekend began in 2009 and enters its 11th season. In that time, the Steelheads own a 11-7-2 record through their preseason bouts with wins in three of their last four preseason meetings. Last season, the Steelheads and Grizzlies split their two games with the roadside winning each meeting. Preseason games provide an opportunity for coaches to evaluate players in game situations during their respective training camps while helping to reignite the western rivalry prior to their first regular season meetings on October 12 and 13 at Maverik Center.
The home event is open only to Steelheads Partial and Full Season Ticket Holders as part of their ticket plans. Tickets can be obtained at the annual Season Ticket Holder Pick-Up Party on Wednesday, Oct. 2. Details of the pick-up event will be sent at a later date to ticket holders.
2019 Preseason Schedule:
Friday, October 4 @ Utah Grizzlies - Maverik Center
Saturday, October 5 vs. Utah Grizzlies - CenturyLink Arena
The Steelheads open the 2019-20 home schedule at CenturyLink Arena on Friday, Oct. 18 against the Wichita Thunder to kick of Home Opening Weekend.
Season tickets and flex plans for the 2019-20 season are now available! Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for next season. Stay connected to the Steelheads throughout the summer on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 12, 2019
- Versatile Veteran Emerson Clark Returns to IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- Team-Record Seven Americans Players Headed to Minnesota Wild Training Camp - Allen Americans
- Hansen and LeBlanc Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Re-Sign Forward Ian McNulty - Tulsa Oilers
- Family Ties - Atlanta Gladiators
- Americans Add Former Stars Draft Pick, and University of Denver Defenseman to the Mix - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Host Preseason Meeting with Utah Grizzlies on October 5 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Announces Preseason Schedule - ECHL
- Bobby Dow Turns Pro with Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Solar Bears Bring in Forward Tyler Bird - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Ink Two Forwards with AHL Experience - Kalamazoo Wings
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Veteran Forward Henrik Samuelsson for 2019-20 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Launch Online Store - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Returns to Steelheads from Texas
- Steelheads Weekly - October 21, 2019
- Steelheads Net Four-Unanswered, Stay Unbeaten in 5-2 Win over Thunder
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars