Steelheads Bring Back Misiak, Timmons, Thomas for 2022-23 Season
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with forwards Justin Misiak and Jordan Timmons as well as defenseman Cory Thomas, signing Standard Player Contracts (SPC) for the 2022-23 season, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Tuesday.
All three skaters made their professional debuts with the Steelheads and mark eight returning players from the 2021-22 campaign.
Misiak, 26, joined the Steelheads for four games at the end of the regular season, making his debut on April 8 and scoring his first professional goal during the season finale on April 16 in Utah. The St. Clair Shores, Mich. native completed his five-year collegiate career at Michigan Tech during the 2021-22 season prior to his arrival, posting a career-best five goals and 14 assists for 19 points with a plus-four rating through 33 games. He compiled 180 games over his five collegiate seasons and tabbed 64 points (25g, 39a) with a plus-four rating. Misiak was a three-time member of the WCHA All-Academic Team while also earning the team's Rick Yeo Unsung Hero Award in 2019-20.
The 5-foot-10 forward was the leading scorer for the NAHL's Austin Bruins with 60 points (25g, 35a) in 60 games in 2016-17 prior to his collegiate career. His older brother, Ryan Misiak, played with both the Rapid City Rush and Utah Grizzlies from 2015-16 through 2018-19.
Timmons, 23, also appeared in four games at season's end in Idaho, debuting on April 8 and scoring his first professional goal on April 16 in Utah. The Bridgeville, Penn. product finished his four-year collegiate run at Long Island University during the 2021-22 campaign, tallying a career-best eight goals and eight assists for 16 points through 29 games and sat second in goals as well as fifth in scoring before signing with the Steelheads. Timmons played four seasons of collegiate hockey between Long Island, Robert Morris University and the University of Connecticut beginning in 2018-19, putting together 29 points (17g, 12a) through 78 games.
The 6-foot-2 forward was a member of the 2016 USA U18 National Championship team with Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 18U.
Thomas, 24, saw action in eight games with the Steelheads in 2021-22, making his debut on March 30 in Florida and earning his first professional point (assist) on April 8 against Utah. The St. Brieux, Sask. native concluded his collegiate career with Canisius College during the 2021-22 season, posting two goals and one assist for three points with 39 penalty minutes and a plus-three rating. He played four seasons with the University of Vermont to open his collegiate career, and in five years he posted nine points (2g, 7a) with 91 penalty minutes through 134 games. Timmons was named to the 2019-20 Hockey East All-Academic Team and scored his first-career goal 12 seconds into overtime in Game 2 of the Hockey East First Round series at UMass on Mar. 2, 2018.
The 6-foot-5 defenseman was selected to play with Canada West during the 2017 U19 World Jr. A Challenge and played two seasons with the Flin Flon Bombers in his junior career.
The trio of skaters join five other players already announced as returning skaters for the upcoming 2022-23 season, including: Captain and forward A.J. White, who was announced to open the off-season signings; second-year forwards Colton Kehler and Zach Walker; and defensemen Darren Brady and Matt Stief.
Announcements regarding future signings will be made at a later date.
The 2022-23 season schedule is here! Get a jump start on next season by locking in your partial or full season seats with a 2022-23 Season Ticket Plan! Contact the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 and ask about securing your seat ahead of the team's return this Fall! Follow the Steelheads throughout the summer months on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 9, 2022
- Ghost Pirates Agree to Terms with Goaltender Darion Hanson - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Steelheads Bring Back Misiak, Timmons, Thomas for 2022-23 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Bring Back Forward Nick Isaacson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Americans Trade for Top-Line Forward - Allen Americans
- Goaltender Sakellaropoulus Signs with Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades Acquire Nolan Kneen from Allen Americans - Florida Everblades
- Indy Fuel Re-Signs Forward Bryan Lemos - Indy Fuel
- Kyle Betts Returns to Grizzlies for 2022-2023 Season - Utah Grizzlies
- Admirals Sign Second Year Forward Kaplan - Norfolk Admirals
- Americans Welcome Back Rookie from the 2021-2022 Season - Allen Americans
- Heartlanders Continue to Build Big with Signing of Blueliner Wells - Iowa Heartlanders
- Mavericks Sign Forward Cole Coskey - Kansas City Mavericks
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Trio from Miami University of Ohio - Florida Everblades
- Swamp Rabbits Announce 2022-23 Promotional Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 8
- Steelheads' Win Streak Ends at Seven Games in 4-2 Loss vs. Utah
- Steelheads Collect Seventh Straight Win With 5-4 Victory Over Utah
- Jake Kupsky Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month
- Darren Brady Named Recipient of AMI Graphics Plus Performer of the Month