Stars Acquire Wyatt Walker
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have acquired forward Wyatt Walker from the available player pool. Walker fills the roster spot that was opened when forward Juwan Morgan received a GATORADE call-up to the Utah Jazz on Nov. 21.
Walker (6-9, 240, North Carolina State) was selected by the Oklahoma City Blue in the first round (25th overall) of the 2019 NBA G League Draft. The forward was a member of the Blue's training camp roster but was waived before the start of the season.
Walker appeared in 36 games (35 starts) for NC State as a senior in 2018-19, averaging 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in 17.9 minutes while shooting 58.1 percent from the field. The Jacksonville, Fla., native played his first three collegiate seasons at Samford, where he appeared in 68 games (65 starts) and averaged 11.7 points and 7.8 rebounds in 25.5 minutes.
The Stars will head out on a two-game road trip beginning with a game at the Austin Spurs (San Antonio Spurs affiliate) on Sunday, Nov. 24, at 3 p.m. (MT), which will be broadcast live on Twitch.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 22, 2019
- Skyhawks Fall to Delaware in Home Opener - College Park Skyhawks
- Clippers Take Down Skyforce - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Hustle Overcome Slow Start in Oklahoma City, Improve to 6-0 - Memphis Hustle
- Vipers Fall Short to Stockton - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sellout Crowd Witnesses Swarm Victory over Bulls - Greensboro Swarm
- Windy City Drops to 3-1 on the Road, Falling to Greensboro Swarm 114-102 - Windy City Bulls
- Herd Extend Franchise-Record Winning Streak Tio Six, Beat Westchester 112-106 - Wisconsin Herd
- Iowa Struggles to Find Rhythm in Loss to Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Mac, Charge Cut Down Nets - Canton Charge
- Drive Dominate Mad Ants for Fifth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Thibodeaux's Career-High 19 Points Not Enough for Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stars Acquire Wyatt Walker - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Three Home Games During Week of Caring November 24-30 - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Northern Arizona Suns, 109-100 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Knicks Acquire Gilder-Tilbury; Waive Smith - Westchester Knicks
- Suns Back to .500 After Pounding Boards, Beating Warriors - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.