Special Teams Leads Greenville over Allen
Allen, Texas- The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), lost the third and final game of the series against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, by a score of 6-4 on Saturday night, in front of a crowd of 2,754.
Greenville went three for five on the power play, scoring two of their three power play goals in the third period. The Americans cashed in on one of their six opportunities
Les Lancaster opened the scoring 23 seconds into the game scoring his seventh of the season to put Allen up 1-0. Greenville responded with three unanswered goals in the first to take a 3-1 lead. Dyson Stevenson (1) and Joseph Garreffa (7) scored forty seconds apart in the second period to even the game at 3-3 after two periods
Penalties sealed the Americans fate in the third period as back to back power play goals gave Greenville a 5-3 lead. Joshua Lammon added his seventh of the year at the 13:29 mark to cut the lead to 5-4, but the Americans were unable to capitalize on a five-minute power play late in the game and dropped the series finale 6-4.
The Americans next home game is on Wednesday, March 3rd against the Utah Grizzlies.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2021
- Mavs Handle Business in Tulsa, Win 5-2 Sunday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Avoids Sweep with Game 3 Win on Sunday - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Defeat Oilers in Rubber Match - Tulsa Oilers
- Weninger, Beauregard Shine in Win vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Wheeling Defeats Utah 6-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Pound Grizzlies, 6-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Shine over Icemen with 4-1 Win - Jacksonville IceMen
- Overtime Thriller Sees Icemen Edge Solar Bears 3-2 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Coughler lifts Solar Bears to 4-1 win with hat trick - Orlando Solar Bears
- Komets Hand Indy Back to Back Losses - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - February 28 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: February 28, 2021 Utah at Wheeling - Utah Grizzlies
- Special Teams Leads Greenville over Allen - Allen Americans
- Rabbits Take Two of Three over Americans, Win 6-4 on Saturday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Defeat Tulsa on Front Line Workers Night - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.