Sissons Reassigned to Milwaukee, Ads Sign Vainonen
Milwaukee, WI--Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has reassigned forward Colton Sissons to Milwaukee (AHL). In addition, the Admirals announced that they have signed defenseman Mikko Vainonen to an amateur try-out contract (ATO).
Sissons has recorded four points (1g-3a) in 17 games for the Predators during his rookie season in 2013-14. The 2014 AHL All-Star returns to the Admirals, where he's posted 41 points (24g-17a) in 56 games.
Vainonen just finished his second season with the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL where he totaled 18 points (4g-14a), a +7 rating and 73 penalty minutes in 57 games. A native of Helsinki, Finland, Vainonen helped the Fins take the gold at the World Junior Championships this past January, assisting on the game-winning goal in the gold medal game.
The Admirals return to the ice when they host the Rockford IceHogs on Tuesday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Fans can order tickets for Tuesday's game by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or by logging on to the Admirals website at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.Groups of ten or more receive a minimum of $2 off each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets fans should call (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2014
- Abbotsford Heat Left Wing Sven Baertschi Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Abbotsford Heat
- Inside the Comets: Director of Game Operations Gina Nassivera - Utica Comets
- Purple Night Jerseys Now on Sale - Portland Pirates
- Sissons Reassigned to Milwaukee, Ads Sign Vainonen - Milwaukee Admirals
- Regner Wins Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Islanders Recall Brett Gallant from Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage to Host Military Appreciation Night on Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Wrap up Nine-Game Road Trip this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons Clinch Northeast Division Title - Springfield Falcons
- Coyotes Sign Justin Hache to Entry-Level Contract - Portland Pirates
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Fast Leads Wolf Pack to 3-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pirates to Auction off Purple Jerseys to Benefit Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center - Portland Pirates
- Abbotsford's Sven Baertschi Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- IceHogs Fall Back in Muddied Playoff Picture - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Ben Rosen Reassigned to Stockton (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Sign Shayne Taker to ATO - San Antonio Rampage
- Panthers Recall Drew Shore, Reassign Bobby Butler to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wild Releases Aneloski from PTO - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Carl Klingberg from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Jack Skille Recalled by Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall Jesper Fast from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Falcons Sign T.J. Tynan to Amateur Tryout - Springfield Falcons
- Perfect Week Vaults Bears Up Standings - Hershey Bears
- Akeson and Chubak Bring the Noise on a Record-Setting Night - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.