Sharks recall left wing Patrick Rissmiller
CLEVELAND - San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson announced today that the club has recalled left wing Patrick Rissmiller from the Cleveland Barons.
Rissmiller has posted 52 points (15-37-52) this season while playing all 68 of the Barons games. He leads the team in assists (37) and holds second place in scoring and power play goals (8). In January, he was selected to play for Planet USA in the 2006 Rbk Hockey AHL All-Star Classic and became the Barons All-Time Points leader. He is also the Barons All-Time Assists leader and is second in the Barons record books in goals.
He played in four games with San Jose in 2003-04, becoming the first Holy Cross and MAAC alumni to play in an NHL game
The six-foot-four, 205-pound native of Belmont, Massachusetts was signed by San Jose as a free agent on June 30, 2003.
The Barons will return to home ice Thursday March 23 against the Grand Rapids Griffins. Tickets are available at The Q Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations. For more information, contact the Front Office at 216.420.0000 or Crash The Net at www.clevelandbarons.net.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2006
- Rampage drop 2-1 decision to Knights - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms humbled - Adirondack Phantoms
- Franchise-record five PPG help Houston hold off Chicago - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen eek out 2-1 win over Americans - Peoria Rivermen
- Offensive Stars overthrow Monarchs - Iowa Chops
- Hamilton defeated by Toronto - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Stars shine in Manchester - Manchester Monarchs
- Sens beat Pens 3-2 in shootout - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins outlast Moose in 14-round shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sharks recall left wing Patrick Rissmiller - Cleveland Barons
- Lowell feeling "Blue" after recent signing - Albany Devils
- Iowa Stars Announce TV Show - Iowa Chops
- Tonight's Rivermen Game in Rochester to be Webcast Through B2 Networks - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage GameDay - San Antonio Rampage
- Kozak off to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Marlies sign Corey and Sifers - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Recalls Simon -- Ayers Reassigned to Dayton - Syracuse Crunch
- Tarnasky Back With Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Iowa Stars sign pair to ATOs - Iowa Chops
- Wolf Pack Host Second Annual "Edu-Skate" March 22 vs. Manchester - Connecticut Whale
- Meet Bulldogs players at Landmart Homes - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Public skate follows open practice Friday at Ricoh - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Stars Commercial Wins Award - Iowa Chops
- Road trip continues in Chicago tonight - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Announce 2006-07 Ticket Pricing - Springfield Falcons
- Monsters add Jeff Campbell and Tyler Weiman - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.