Sedlock Earns First League Win in 6-2 Victory
Altoona, PA - The Baysox grabbed a fourth consecutive win with a commanding 6-2 victory in the series opener in Altoona Friday night.
With Dean Kremer promoted to Triple-A Norfolk to make his International League debut, Cody Sedlock stepped into his spot in the rotation and was in control. Sedlock worked from ahead in the count through an efficient five inning appearance en route to his first Eastern League win.
Bowie grabbed the lead right out of the gate. Cedric Mullins doubled down the line in left with one down in the first. he then stole third and scored on a two-out RBI single from Carlos Perez to lead 1-0. In the fourth inning, Zach Jarrett added some insurance. With the infield drawn in and no outs, he singled the other way to right to score two runs and put the Baysox up 3-0.
Perez and Mullins would be heard from again. Perez hit a solo home run into the left field bleachers in the sixth inning. His 12th of the year put Bowie atop 4-1. An inning later, Mullins rocketed a line drive around the right field foul pole to lift the Baysox to a 6-1 lead.
Erie was a 5-1 winner over Akron so the Baysox remain two games back with 17 games remaining. The Baysox got three-hit nights from both Perez and Willy Yahn in the win. Steve Klimek worked 2 and 1/3rd scoreless innings and Zach Muckenhirn wrapped up the game stranding the bases loaded for his fifth save of the year.
The Baysox continue their three-game series in Altoona Saturday, August 17th with Zac Lowther on the hill. Coverage begins 20-minutes prior to first pitch on wnav.com, baysox.com and via the Tune-In Radio app by searching Baysox.
Bowie is making a push towards the Eastern League Playoffs. Get tickets at 301-464-4865 or purchase online at baysox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Thunder score two in the eighth to take weekend opener 7-5 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Prevail in Late Innings over Fightins - Trenton Thunder
- Wentz Helps Erie Hold off RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Matt Dennis Steals Show as Yard Goats Begin Road Trip with Shutout Win in Binghamton - Hartford Yard Goats
- Baysox Hold off Curve in Series Opener - Altoona Curve
- Yard Goats Strike Early, Blank Ponies in Series Opener - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- First Place SeaWolves Win Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Sedlock Earns First League Win in 6-2 Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Extend Winning Streak to Four Games with 4-2 Win over Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Fisher Cats Take the Series Opener, 4-2 on Friday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels and Senators Postponed on Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Senators and Richmond Postponed in Richmond Friday Night - Harrisburg Senators
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup at Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- UNH to Host Soccer Clinic Before August 22 Fisher Cats Game - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Curve Reveal 2020 Game Schedule - Altoona Curve
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #122: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-32, 60-61) vs. Hartford Yard Goats (25-28, 62-58) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 16th at New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowie Baysox Stories
- Major League Baseball Cancels 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Due to Pandemic
- Bowie Baysox Hosting MEGA Chicken Truckload Sale
- Bowie Baysox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Baysox to Postpone FunFest
- 2020 Baysox Season Delayed Due to Coronavirus