SeaWolves Drop One-Run Affair at Bowie
The Erie SeaWolves (19-18) dropped their second-straight one-run affair, 4-3, to the Bowie Baysox (14-26) on Friday night at Prince George's Stadium.
The SeaWolves took their first lead of the series in the second inning. Jose Azocar broke an 0-for-17 stretch at the plate with a leadoff single. Two batters later, Kade Scivicque launched an RBI double to left-center, scoring Azocar for a 1-0 lead. Scivicque later doubled in the game for his sixth multi-hit game of the season and is now 13-for-26 with eight extra-base hits in his past seven games.
Josh Lester increased Erie's lead to 2-0 in the fifth when he launched a one-out, solo home run to center. It was his second homer with the SeaWolves and fourth in 2019 between Erie and Toledo.
Erie increased the lead to 3-0 in the top of the seventh. Isaac Paredes doubled with one out and advanced to third on an error. Paredes scored on a Lester sacrifice fly to give the SeaWolves it's final run of the night.
The Baysox responded in the bottom of the seventh against reliever Nolan Blackwood. With two on and two out, Carlos Perez singled home the first Bowie run. Brett Cumberland and Zach Jarrett followed with RBI hits, tying the game at 3-3.
Bowie took its first lead in the home half of the eighth as Martin Cervenka sent a home run to straight away center off of Erie reliever Will Vest for a 4-3 advantage.
Baysox reliever Zach Muckenhirn (1-2) held the SeaWolves in check to end the game, firing 1.1 scoreless innings to notch his first win of the season.
Vest (1-2) took the loss allowing a run in one inning of work. He struck out a pair.
Erie starter Logan Shore was superb in his second start since being activated from the Injured List on May 12. The right-hander faced the minimum through five shutout innings, scattering two hits with not walks while striking out two in a no-decision effort.
The SeaWolves went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left nine men on base.
Erie will look to snap the two-game slide on Saturday night at Prince George's Stadium against the Baysox at 6:35 p.m. RHP Alex Faedo (2-2, 4.05 ERA) takes the mound for the SeaWolves against RHP Hunter Harvey (1-3, 6.23 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Pork Roll Cruise to "Spiedie" Victory - Trenton Thunder
- RubberDucks Explode for 10 Runs in Victory - Akron RubberDucks
- SeaWolves Drop One-Run Affair at Bowie - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Earn 4-3 Comeback Victory - Bowie Baysox
- Jones and Davidson Power Sens to 7-5 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Haseley Homers in the Eighth for 3-1 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
- Late Homer Wins It for Reading, 3-1 over Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Cool off Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Can't Overcome Early Deficit in Loss to Senators - Altoona Curve
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- El Trueno de Trenton Meet Local Stars - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 17th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.